Got my new Uke today

vahn

Reaction score
Got my new uke today from MGM a Kala solid lacewood with spruce top. Sounds great, really projects, nice bright cheery tone. The lacewood looks awesome, like a quilted maple almost. Heres the pics:

ukulele005.jpg

ukulele004.jpg

ukulele003.jpg

Love how the headstock is like layered or w/e with lacewood on top, looks real nice

ukulele002.jpg

beautiful quilt-like grain on the back

Style wise it looks a lot like my old lanikai CK-TEQ (its factory cousin im certain) with the important difference of bieng all solid woods!

Sounds great once again really loud I have some worths clears on its so its super bright right now I will probably throw some Pro-Artes or Ko'olau golds on to mellow it down and even the tone some. My first time with Worth clears and I'm getting just getting used to them; I like the sound but there a little floppy for me.

I don't have a mic but I do have a 1/4"->USB jack and I may do an audio clip through the pickup but it doesnt do the tone justice.

Nice! I guess it really was new uke Wednesday today! :D

Beautiful looking Ukulele. The headstock does look cool.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

Congratulations! What a beautiful gem of a uke! I really like the fingerboard inlays.:shaka: New Ukulele Wednesday for sure!

Regards,
Ray

audio clip

Heres a clip I recorded from the pickup, you typical shadow piezo with preamp. The tone nob is all the way up and it doesnt give such "hot" signal as many of my other ukes have , forcing me to adjust tone and volume more often. I still think it sounds pretty good (my timings a bit off though) its my friend chads original uke composition "waching you"

http://www.mediafire.com/?hnmztnmeymn

Nice uke. The wood looks great, and it sounds really good! :) :music:

Top Bottom