concert fluke vs Kala KA-S

hybridnightmare

Reaction score
Just looking for some opinions. should i pick up this standard Kala KA-S for about $63-70ish at my local guitar store or buy a concert sized fluke, natural finish, from this dude for $100? looking for something to bring around with me, especially during my trip to NY in august.

Thanks

Get the fluke. That is an incredible bargain...you can get the Kala later if you want it. Don't pass up that fluke!

I have one. Same thing...natural finish...plastic fret board. I love it. Check out one of my videos or one of RussBuss's videos (his are better than mine). If you decide you don't want it in the future, put it up for sale here at Ukulele Underground on the Marketplace board, some one will snatch it up. $100 is a very good price, unless it is totally beat up. It is a great uke to travel with, very durable....practically indestructible. If you put it up for sale here tomorrow for $110, someone would buy it. :shaka:

I have one. Same thing...natural finish...plastic fret board. I love it. Check out one of my videos or one of RussBuss's videos (his are better than mine). If you decide you don't want it in the future, put it up for sale here at Ukulele Underground on the Marketplace board, some one will snatch it up. $100 is a very good price, unless it is totally beat up. It is a great uke to travel with, very durable....practically indestructible. If you put it up for sale here tomorrow for $110, someone would buy it. :shaka:

all true but my video may have only been better because it featured a dog. boozelele's video features style and class.:shaka:

Especially since you mentioned that it is for a trip, I would think the plastic is more durable.

an excellent point. i beat the crap out of my fluke and it still plays fine.

Hey, take the fluke! I've been looking for a bargain like that for months!:eek:

As others have said $100 is a great price if it is in good condition.

I don't understand the comments about a plastic fretboard being better for travel.

All fretboards are very very durable and hold up to travel and wear and tear just fine. If rosewood weren't up to the challenge of travel and wear and tear the stringed instrument world would have heard about it by now.

i think i was concerned about the fretboard cause i heard that the plastic one isnt that good or something.

The plastic fretboards are fine so long as you don't use wound strings or some hard fluorocarbons. Aquilas sound awesome on Flukes. I haven't noticed any fretwear at all on my Flea.

In fact, the plastic fretboards are mathematically perfect and your intonation will be spot-on.

I just bought a $100 Fluke and have absolutely no regrets except that my wife discovered it and won't put it down. Now I have to find a Flea for myself. For my purposes the plastic fret board is perfect this being my outdoors truck/boat 'ukulele so the more waterproof the better.

how you gonna offer to trade something you dont have ? i just dont see how that works

yeah, sorry about that mrUKETOBER, I was being stupid, I was just going to get it and trade it away cause i didn't really know what was up with flukes. My apologies.

Top Bottom