Southeast Ukers 1st ever get together

haolejohn

Reaction score
Alright. Enough talk. Now it is time for action. For anyone living within driving distance of Atlanta we are going to have us a little get together. I know that everyone will not be able to make it but we got to meet and then we can set up a bimonthly or quarterly meeting schedule. IF you are interested you get to vote. We figure a BBQ with camping options for anyone with a little longer drive than normal. You get tto vote and put your voice out there. I know some of you live in savannah and Alabama, maybe even Tennessee and The Carolinas. Here is a rough draft of the event. After we get your feedback I would like to put a final plan out as soon as possible. Pick your options and send me a PM. The location with the most responses gets billing.

2. Tanner State Park
3. Stone Mountain
4. Any other location that is kinda central to all the interstates

Date:
August 29th

This date gives everyone ample time to clear their calanders or not plan anything that weekend. IF this date is no good for thiose of you farther than 2 hours from ATL we can look at a date in september.
If you have a different date that might be better we were looking at September after labor day sometime.

Time:
Early morning until we kicked out.

Cost:
If we can get a solid number and it isn't too many we (a few of us) might be able to supply hotdogs and hamburgers and coolers. We might ask for chips or napkin donations and we might ask for donations. We are pretty friendly and we want as many of us there as possible. No worries about cost. There is camping at two locations but not sweetwater park. We are going to contact a few local hotels to see if we can get a reduced rate on some rooms.

I may ahve forgot something and if I did let me know. I do know that some will travewl far away. Sweetwater Park is the closest to metro area and provides the least expensive lodging arrangments but there is no camping at the park. We want to make this happen. The parks have pavillions that we will need to reserve.

I live 4 hours away so I'm not sure right now, it's up to my husband.

There is a air force base not to far away that has cheap lodging.

If you can't come that is fine. We want as many as possible but some of you guys live a few hours away. The location will be right off the interstate.

There is a air force base not to far away that has cheap lodging.

If you can't come that is fine. We want as many as possible but some of you guys live a few hours away. The location will be right off the interstate.
I want to gooooo and will try my best. :)

Melissa, this outing is just what you need. DeG will be there. Guaranteed excellent time. (Do you read his posts? Hilarious.) Tell Mr. Melissa that it's an opportunity to meet some new friends. With the Mr. leaving, you will need friends and what's better than some fellow uke players? It'll truly be a great experience for you. Hope you can attend.:) Have him come along. maybe he'll get the ukulele bug. They must have some down time while overseas?

Yeah, just too bad it's so far away.

He said he is buying an xbox to take with him... *roll eyes*

Melissa, I took a 13 plus hour car ride to Nashville Indiana and back by myself this summer. I did get to pick up Krabbers at O'Hare and ferry him down. That was nice. First UUer I'd met not from the Twin Cities. Anyway, It took me 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home. It was scary and exhilerating (sp?) at the same time. I'd never gone anywhere by myself in +26 years of marriage. I had the best time. I met the loveliest people. I'll get to see some of them in September.:)

I don't mean to seem as if I'm pressuring you, but it would be so great if you could go to the meet up.

I'm totally up for it, but I don't drive, lol.... all up to the man of the house. :p

Mellissa, don't let Sukie peer pressure you... she only gets out once every 26 years, what does she know?? :p

Alohowdeedoo Ya'll
I do believe I will have to take part in this illicit affair of alien instrumentalists - ookooleleians.
Are strange people invited..? will there be cake? Can I share a sleeping bag with someone..?
Can Tango come? can I borrow someones uke.. I promise to return it... someday..

Count me in....

Alohowdeedoo Ya'll
I do believe I will have to take part in this illicit affair of alien instrumentalists - ookooleleians.
Are strange people invited..? will there be cake? Can I share a sleeping bag with someone..?
Can Tango come? can I borrow someones uke.. I promise to return it... someday..

Count me in....

Lol. Excellent. Update. We are calling about pavillion at sweetwater park. If available we are going to reserve.

Schedule permitting, I'd like to join y'all too! Let us know all the final details!

(of course, we could all get together at my place in the country...I'd almost certainly be there then!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom