Postal delivery? Seems risky. From ukulele.de to UK

6stringconvert

Reaction score
Hi,

would like to get a solid ukulele from ukulele.de but worried about it getting damaged in the mail.

Do ukuleles tend to travel ok in the mail?

Has anyone in the UK ordered from this shop?

I'm tempted by the kala acacia concert, but may go crazy and plump for a pono mahogany concert.

My beginner kala ka-c is great, but lacking depth and warmth.

Best rgds.

6sc

I don't know if fair comparison Euro Union POs versus USPS but i've gotten 2 'ukuleles from the midwest USA (Waverly Street, and Mainland) delivered to Hawai'i in great shape, and MGM sends his 'ukuleles from Hawai'i to all over the world with a 100% satisfaction rate in over 10,000 transactions. Main thing is the seller pads and packs the item well before shipping.

Hey there, the thread that Hailisela lead you to is mine. I bought a Pono mango tenor from Rigk at ukulele.de this week. I ordered and paid for it on Friday and it got here in great shape on Wednesday. It was well packed and the service was second to none, his correspondence is great and he speaks perfect English. I wouldn't hesitate in buying from him again infact i plan to in the very near future.

Yup. Same here. I bought a Kala solid mahogany tenor from Rigk at Ukulele.de. A good experience. I may well buy from him again.

I bought mine there also, local shipping in germany tho. It was well packed and fast, the seller is also friendly.

Although his name may lead to another deduction, Rigk is based in germany, near Frankfurt to be precisely. I bought from Rigk several times and never had issues with either his service or his packaging. I am absolutely sure, that you will be completely satisfied with your order.

I bought a RISA soprano Solid (stick) from Rigk at ukulele.de and it arrived in the US just fine. Shipping was actually about as cheap as I would have paid if it had been shipped from somewhere in the US and almost as quick. He also patiently answered my myriad of technical questions via email. He's an solid asset to the uke world.

I've bought a number of ukes for delivery by post or carrier from Germany and France, and had no problems at all. On one occasion I ordered ten Ohana SK10s. They did not arrive within the expected time, so I reported it to the supplier and agreed to wait a few more days to see if they turned up. After at least ten days I started the claims procedure, and as I was struggling with the on-line forms, the door bell sounded. It was my package! The delivery man apologised for the state of the box. It was dirty, with crushed corners and several bad splits in the seams.

I opened it with a heavy heart, but found that all the ukes had survived unscathed. No problem.

That was the exception. All other deliveries have been perfect. Fear not.

John Colter (Ukantor)

I bought 4 instrument from Rigk (ukulele.de) and there was no problem at all. The instrument was alway very well packed and secured. I suggest you to buy instrument with a case and ask Rigk to put the instrument inside. The you will be sure - I think - that everything will be ok.

I higly recomend the kala acacia. My tenor opened up beautifully and it is awesome instrument. I like it much more than my Pono PKT-1E.

Top Bottom