My First Contracted Gig!

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
Hey guys, I might be getting my first contracted/money paying gig with a ukulele! Should I ask for my own trailer with perks? LOL, I'll follow up when I get more details.

Money is good!

Good luck and keep us posted :)

Don't forget to ask for only orange M and M's too. Seriously though -- congrats!

Congrats, dude! Let us know how it all goes down (assuming you're not too rock star to hang out with the like of us normal people afterwards... :D )

JJ

Don't forget to ask for only orange M and M's too. Seriously though -- congrats!

I thought that it was Green only!! hehehehehe...orange it is!!

Or....make them bring back the light brown ones...those were the best!!!

Way awesome with the gig man!! Best of luck!!!

:music:

yes money is good, you get to waste it on uke stuff. :D

CONGRATULATIONS! What next, record deal? Best wishes on your budding career. :shaka:

you should also remember to shout "i can't work under these conditions!" whenever applicable.

I'm gonna try for a Pinata full of Reeses Peanut butter cups!

CONGRATULATIONS! What next, record deal? Best wishes on your budding career. :shaka:

Well, if I every get off my lazy butt and write enough songs....:D

I have a bunch of half written stuff, but will try harder to finish them.

I'm just going to be doing 45 minutes (one opening set for 30 minutes, and a 15 minute set between bands). It's at a bowling alley! :shaka: I'll try and see if I can get some pictures or video. It's on August 21st...so I have some time to wait.

CHEEEEEHUUUU!!!!!!

Congrats, man! Good luck! You know, when ppl see an ukulele, they alread have relatively low expectations, so it ought to be easy to win the crowd

CHEEEEEHUUUU!!!!!!

Congrats, man! Good luck! You know, when ppl see an ukulele, they alread have relatively low expectations, so it ought to be easy to win the crowd

LOL, so true...I get that any place I play where they don't know me yet. When I say the word "ukulele" it's almost an automatic eye-roll, or laugh. Then when they here me play rock tunes they usually change their opinion. You just got to get up on stage and rock out. I found even if you bomb, if you have lots of energy, people still enjoy what I do.

Great job, Danny! Any photos or videos? Ric

The promoter guy had a video camera set up, and a couple of people I knew were taking pictures. Unfortunately it was almost empty when I played, so I don't know if they were taking video or pictures at the time. I took a couple pictures with my cell phone (look in my UU picture gallery).

Well......?

I'll see if anyone got pictures/videos of me playing. I did add some videos of me playing at open mic nights. Check out my YouTube page.

Congrats on the gig. How did it go? Any fans throwing panties or fainting;)

It went okay. There wasn't a lot of people there. I think it was because they started a little after 5:30pm, which was dumb because most people don't get off work until then.

Anyways, I got to play on the main stage for about 20 minutes (I was suppose to play 30 minutes). Then I got to play again on their side patio (between bands) for another three songs. There was no panties thrown, but one lady really liked my version of Love Potion #9. She jumped up and started dancing.

Top Bottom