my next uke purchase

Gibson Poinsettia.
Regards,
Ray

A Gibson like this one? :

custuke02.jpg

I couldn't find pictures of the others...
Is the Bishop museum having an auction or something?

:D

1930's Mehalona:

UKULELE.jpeg

Dias:

diaz.jpg

I'm thinking the Martin 5K in a concert or tenor size is a mythical creature...:confused:

Martin 5k

get the tenor martin, isnt that the most rare? That would be like my ultimate uke...

Forget those. I hear great things about the ukes at ABC stores!:shaka:

you know, I've been wanting one of those jiggling hula girl statuettes that goes on the dashboard. Didn't see one on ABC, where can I get one?

I have held two modern Dias reproductions from custom-builders and love the look and feel.

The 5K I have held in my hands, too. Either of those in excellent condition would be a gem and my pride and joy.

If it was MY money, I'd go with the Martin tenor, just because of the sweet sound...and yes I would play it, an ukulele was meant to be played, not hung on wall in some dusty old museum!

Of those three, I might go with the Gibson simply because it might be the one that might be the most playable one for me.

I'm sure the Martin 5K would be playable, but I'd be too afraid of marring my investment playing with the amount of gusto I currently employ on a regular basis.

The Dias is an historic piece, but not necessarily going to be a player. And the Mehalona is going to be somewhere in between the latter two.

But you're also a dedicated collector. You're going to have all three eventually...

Top Bottom