which of these two ukes sounds better?

I would buy Neither. I'd go with a mele solid koa top with solid mahaghany back and sides.

They both sounded alright.

Last edited:
Sound is subjective, what's better for me isn't necessarily better for you. Some prefer the the soft tones of Spruce top while others prefer the crist tones of a hardwood top like a Koa or Acacia. Compare it to foods, some things taste good to you but not to others. Me, I like both sounds so I own both types of 'ukuleles also in varying sizes variety being the spice of life. Look up MGMs sound clips on Youtube, would not be surprised he he has both. Listen and make your own judgment. You'll probably wind up with both eventually so just decide on which one you want first. :D

In the end it really isn't realy what we think. It is which uke will make you happy. They are both made by Kala so the build quality should be similar and if you buy from MGM your uke will be set up properly.

Personaly I like the Acacia but that just my opinion.

I like to hear what other people think. I can't decide between the two. I'm 50/50. I just need someone to influence me to go one way so i can pick one finally. i listened to both of MGM's samples, but he plays two completely different songs so its hard to tell which one.

I like to hear what other people think. I can't decide between the two. I'm 50/50. I just need someone to influence me to go one way so i can pick one finally. i listened to both of MGM's samples, but he plays two completely different songs so its hard to tell which one.

Thats cool. I might suggest that if you are torn between the sound of each. (which is good that you like each and value the sound of the instrument) You might move to a second deciding factor, in this case looks. It may sound supeficial but how you feel about an instument can have an effect on how you play or how much you practice.

Hope my rambling helps somehow.:D

deep inside ur probably leaning towards one, and if that is the case then u will probably get that one regardless of what we say.... it seems to happen with a lot of people.

Top Bottom