Youtube AD Contests? Anyone doing them?

dominicfoundthemooon

Reaction score
So I have had some time off as of late and I have been making videos and catching up on all my FAV youtube folks including you! And I noticed that there are maybe three contests going on where cooperations are giving away big prizes and money for youtube videos featuring songs about there product.

A1 Steak Sauce
Sanyo Digital video Cam (HD WATERPROOF)
Carl's JR <--- I think they have one.

I noticed Julia Nunes talking about one she was doing for HP and she did this whole VLOG about selling out.

I was curous to know if any of you have submissions and if so maybe you can post them here. I would love to see them.

I just thought to myself what a GREAT idea this was. I NEVER watch commercials on TV any longer with online shows, and DVD I just don't see that many adds. And then I just realized I spent 20 min watching user submitted A-1 adds.. and now I am hungry for a STEAK!! It sooo worked on me!

I would not call this selling out.. Unless you just HATED the product. I love A-1 so I am thinking about making a video. And that new waterproof HD cam.. I am going to check it out.. I have been in the market for another way to get good video.. dragging my laptop all over.. not so fun..

So now your thoughts.. what are they!! let me know!!

d

Funny you should ask. The Obama campaign did something similar about a year ago and invited people to send in their best 30-minute ads via You-Tube supporting his bid for the oval office. The results were amazing and fun to watch and the number of hits staggering. Personally I thought it was a brilliant idea, a good use of the technology, and a great opportunity for people to showcase their talents.

I'm hoping to do something similar for this year's Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival. I'm just looking for sponsor (with a prize for the winning commercial) then we're good to go. Ideally, you all will be hearing about it soon.

Elaine
www.winecountryukefest.com

i actually thought about doing it also but then i thought again and.. im not that good yet .. so i know i wouldnt win lol

Top Bottom