I want this!! =)

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
going from link to link from 6stringconvert's thread.. i found

buh bum

RISA UKE SOLID!!! they look mad and sound exactly like an ordinary ukulele!! :D:D:D:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woyW9XIZoHM&feature=related

im guessing there has been a thread about these, but i want to share again. i seen it on ukulele.de, they seem so expensive.

r they expensive? :S

going from link to link from 6stringconvert's thread.. i found

buh bum

RISA UKE SOLID!!! they look mad and sound exactly like an ordinary ukulele!! :D:D:D:D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woyW9XIZoHM&feature=related

im guessing there has been a thread about these, but i want to share again. i seen it on ukulele.de, they seem so expensive.

r they expensive? :S

Personally I think that guy is an idiot for treating his instrument like that. It does sound good when he's not paddling a boat with it or throwing it for his dogs though.

At £185 for a concert with a gig bag and strap I'd say it's about average price. But I don't really like the look of it and would never spend that much money on a uke like that.

If you like it I'd say go for it!

http://xe.com : 215 euro (for a concert) = 377.56 AUD
Does that seem expensive to you? :)

There's plenty of other options in that price range, including tenors...

I first heard about these when I saw this review-demo-vid by Sirant, despite the price (that's NZD$470) I'd still get one... some day. Maybe when I'm back in Europe.

Last edited:
I have a Risa Solid soprano. It is very well made, and plays just like a "real" uke. The lack of a peg head can tempt you into some unorthodox fretting techniques (you can get your hand right round the end of the fretboard), but I'm very impressed with mine.

They cause a lot of interest from musicians and non-musicians alike. Don't buy one if you don't like answering questions!

John Colter.

Isn't the Risa a plug in only uke? I mean you can't hear it unless it's hooked to an amp? Does look cool though and it is hella small, less than a soprano...I do kinda like the looks....damn you UAS!:eek:

Ukeffect, that's correct - the Risa solid is virtually silent when not plugged in. You CAN play it unplugged, and it is just about audible, but for silent practice it is best through a micro-amp and headphones.

Ukantor.

Personally I think that guy is an idiot for treating his instrument like that. It does sound good when he's not paddling a boat with it or throwing it for his dogs though.

The "idiot" did not mistreat the Risa for the video.
He built a non-playable dummy that he used for all the stunt-scenes, and used a real one for all the playing.

My Risa Solid soprano measures only 18 inches in length x 4 1/4" overall width. Most acoustic sopranos are about 21" x 6 1/2".

I've just ordered a BugsGear EleUke soprano - I blame UkuLeLes and Kristoff for fuelling my latent UAS!

Ukantor.

Yes, UkuLeLes - Ukulele Hero of Sydney. You made me do it!

Thanks, buddy - I'm not complaining. I only went on line to see what they were selling for on Ebay, and there was a soprano EleUke in Rosewood with a BIN price of £120 - including shipping. They make it so easy to go CLICK!

Now all I've got to do is justify it to my wife.

John Colter (Ukantor).

Top Bottom