Holy Cow!

Dirka

Reaction score
I just bought a Bruko #6 off ebay for 60€ incl. shipping. I was thinking "what the heck, it won't go that cheaply, but I'll bid anyway." Now I've got a sweet little soprano coming my way, and my trusty Makala will soon be relegated to loaner/beater.

3 Ukes, and I'm not even playing for three months. Do I have a problem (except that I'm all out of Uke money now)? :D

nice bro ! no i think thats what they call uas ! lol i have 2 now.. only cause i bought one from my brother cause i thought i could sell/trade it for somethin else.. i have 2 tenors now lol and i been playin for a month and a half ... sucky lol hope your new uke sounds good bro !

Dirka, no you do not have a problem. You needed those 3 ukuleles in 3 months.

Hurry up and save your uke money. Soon you are going to need a 4th.

I'm right there with you: three months, three ukes. :rolleyes:

But I think I'm good for now. My UAS seems to be quelled, at least temporarily. I haven't found myself lusting after any new ukes since the arrival of the third one. We'll see how long that lasts...

I'm right there with you: three months, three ukes. :rolleyes:

But I think I'm good for now. My UAS seems to be quelled, at least temporarily. I haven't found myself lusting after any new ukes since the arrival of the third one. We'll see how long that lasts...

It'll last until the next one starts calling to you in that sweet lilting voice...*buy meee, buuuuy me!* Which should be any day now...:eek:

I only has the one and I feel my problem might be bigger then yours. I bloody want them three ukes. Or a rich billionaire 90 year old husband with a heart condition. I'm not fussy.

Haha, awesome :D

Funny how the definition of "uke money" is expanded in proportion with the severity of one's UAS, no?

But #4 will have to wait since I'm actually quite broke right now, and my job only pays twice a year. :(

A few months back I tried to bid on a 6, but lost it in the last round. It still upsets me.

Congrats on yours though!
:cheers:

yes you have UAS. and you have another problem. you are lucky as heck!!

its taken me 4 years to collect all of my ukes and I only have 5.....jelousy is a sin i know i know.

It's here! Finally! Picked it up at the post office today.

I must say, the No.6 is a great Uke. Beautiful grain on the Mahoghany body and on the Malpe neck. Great sound (with Aquilas). It sounds alot more Uke-ish than the Makala or the Fender. Still pretty loud. Plus I'm really taken by the friction tuners. This one's a keeper. There shall be videos and a review, and maybe I'll post some pics. But for now: can't type, must strum!

:music:

Score on the Brüko!

I rather accidentally got 8 in 8 months and was looking at a Kamaka pineapple two days ago, but I really have to stop there. I look at them and consider which to sell off and they all sing "Not ME!". :uhoh:

If I get the necessary third PT job, I will be trying to consolidate and upgrade however. 3-4 is probably enough.

:rotfl:

There's a Brueko for sale in the local Craigslist for $150 including a case in "like new" condition. Is that a good deal? Not sure how fast a Brueko will sell in the "land of the 4 K's". If it was a pineapple I would have bought it yesterday. ;)

Dunno Ahnko, 150 is a little below what a new one costs over here. Qualitiy wise I think it's in the range of the Ohanas. There's one small Imperfection on mine: the neck sits not quite flush on the body, but that's really minimal. I absolutely love it, the simple beauty, the craftsmanship, the spunky percussive sound. The action is very low and the fretboard edges are super smooth, as is the fretboard, so you can hammer away like there's no tomorrow.

Oh yeah, one other small detail I'm not quite convinced about is the all wooden bridge w/o a saddle. I might have that changed later down the road.

I'm really stoked that I got this one, especially for the price. I'm sure this'll last a long time. :nana:

Top Bottom