Made the Front Page

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
We played a Luau at Cypress gardens on July 4. There were hula Dancers a fire dancers, contests and we supplied the music. It was so hot the dancers had to dance on the grass. I ended up going through 3 shirts. Here are some pics if interested.

http://www.charlestonhotshots.com/Home/luau-2009

We justy got back from vacation last week and there was a newspaper left on my front porch. When I looked at it our pic was on the front page. Boy was I suprised!

We sure have had a lot of fun with these little instrumets, and met a lot of really nice folks.

Attachments

• luau Berkeley Independent Front Page.jpg
    luau Berkeley Independent Front Page.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 43
Cherish that photo forever. Where were the dancers from?

Cherish that photo forever. Where were the dancers from?

They are local from Mt. Pleasant, SC. Aini Hiyam Asfoor teaches Belly Dancing and Island Dancing (ainibellydance@yahoo.com) That was her and some members of her troup. Mike was the Firedancer, he came in from Atlanta.

We are trying to get together another Luau at the Gardens in October. We are going to try to do it at night so you can see the fire dancer better.

They are local from Mt. Pleasant, SC. Aini Hiyam Asfoor teaches Belly Dancing and Island Dancing (ainibellydance@yahoo.com) That was her and some members of her troup. Mike was the Firedancer, he came in from Atlanta.

We are trying to get together another Luau at the Gardens in October. We are going to try to do it at night so you can see the fire dancer better.

Mike is from Atlanta? You have his contact? I have been trying to get my wife involved in Hula for sometime.

Mike is from Atlanta? You have his contact? I have been trying to get my wife involved in Hula for sometime.

I don't have Mikes contact info but I can get it for you. Ani (Jackie) is coming over on Thursday for some uke lessons. I'll get it for you then. She may know of other Hula groups in your area.

Top Bottom