Dude! Aww! So Not Cool!

Fred Miu

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
im walking to my car from class. and this is what happens....http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d198/NinjAttaK/?action=view&current=Picture063.flv

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

How did that happen??? I know those Lanikai cases aren't built to last, but was there some excessive force involved there?

haha. that sucks dude. but you know what? you're fred and i know you're going to bust out that glue gun, dremel, a pocket full of paper clips and pull a macguyver!

make us proud:D

when my dad gets home, im going to ask for the gorilla glue and epoxy.

How did that happen??? I know those Lanikai cases aren't built to last, but was there some excessive force involved there?

i have no clue. the worse thing is, i have 3 more things that are breaking INSIDE the case.

honestly, i dont like today at all. i have to go call my bank and get my $500 for my flight to hawaii

You must be an incredibly aggressive walker. :confused:

those cases are pretty cheaply made. when mine break im going to be replacing them with the ProTec case. thats the one that all these "hard cases" are trying to copy pretty much. but its built the right way and doesnt use cheap materials. they go for about $80 i think so thats not bad, considering what could happen to your uke if it were to fall out in an accident. its already happened to me.

You must be an incredibly aggressive walker. :confused:

no, im not.

those cases are pretty cheaply made. when mine break im going to be replacing them with the ProTec case. thats the one that all these "hard cases" are trying to copy pretty much. but its built the right way and doesnt use cheap materials. they go for about $80 i think so thats not bad, considering what could happen to your uke if it were to fall out in an accident. its already happened to me.

im going to Mike DaSilva and buying a case from him.

the lanikai cases from musiciansfriend.com are a little more studier. The ones that are given out with the ukes when u buy them online are usually like a lower grade generic kind.

OK Fred...so what really happened was someone said...."Hey, is that one of those tiny Hawaiian guitars??" You got angry = broken case and injured bystanders..:eek:

It turns out I have the same case -- I took the screws out of the area around the handle, and it looks like a pretty easy fix. Make a new handle out of some strap material you've got laying around (or even off the strap on the case, it's pretty long anyways) -- you only need about 8" of the stuff. Melt the ends of the strap a little where you cut it to prevent fraying. Fold the ends in half and sew a small loop in them just big enough for the posts to go thru (the posts that used to hold the handle). If you've got a small piece of tubing laying around, you cut a small piece and run the new strap/handle thru that if you want something a little more 'grab'able.

If they would have made the handle this way in the first place, they would have saved a few pennies on the handle and it would last much longer anyways.

If you can make a nice uke strap out of a junk drawer, you can do this. ;)

Have fun!

It turns out I have the same case -- I took the screws out of the area around the handle, and it looks like a pretty easy fix. Make a new handle out of some strap material you've got laying around (or even off the strap on the case, it's pretty long anyways) -- you only need about 8" of the stuff. Melt the ends of the strap a little where you cut it to prevent fraying. Fold the ends in half and sew a small loop in them just big enough for the posts to go thru (the posts that used to hold the handle). If you've got a small piece of tubing laying around, you cut a small piece and run the new strap/handle thru that if you want something a little more 'grab'able.

If they would have made the handle this way in the first place, they would have saved a few pennies on the handle and it would last much longer anyways.

If you can make a nice uke strap out of a junk drawer, you can do this. ;)

Have fun!

thanks man, im thinking about doing that.

i actually thought of melting some plastic int he holes of the handle, and re screwing it.

my case is hella worn out... the fabric is separating at the seems and my velcro kinda ripped off in the inside..... i really need a new case haha

Top Bottom