My own fun uke experience

bbycrts

Reaction score
Our family was camping with a church group last week; I had my Applause UA10 along for the ride and was playing it around the campfire. As we went back to our campsite (we reserve an extra campsite to be the "living room" for our group), I heard uke playing from the site next to ours - very cool!

The next morning as that group was breaking camp I stuck my head in their camp and said "I heard your uke playing..." and I gestured to the UU t-shirt I was wearing. Keep in mind, I am not a very outgoing person and don't make small talk well - but I chatted with the young woman for a good ten minutes, talking about ukes, the Portland Uke Fest, instructors...

My wife came up and said, "You're making small talk?" she laughed and told the person I was talking to, "It takes a ukulele to make him make small talk!"

Anyway, I gave the word about UU - maybe we'll see somebody from their group here soon!

Now I understand your shy but if you heard them playing why didn't you play louder to get them to come over at least?:) I tell every uke player I meet about UU I wonder how many of them actually follow up with checking the site out?

Cool story! :)

Top Bottom