PDA

View Full Version : Bitter waitresses unite!

russ_buss
07-20-2009, 05:50 AM
not only can writing original music be therapeutic, but you can find that your experiences are shared by others all over the world. jah bless the internet!

Adelle's original tune "It's my last day here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GANCTXk_lms)" is being featured on a website called bitterwaitress.com. (there really is something for everyone on the info superhighway)

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/wp/

go go angry Adelle!:)

Boozelele
07-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Some of her best work. Maybe some day if I practice and write a really good song it will be featured on bitterolddrunkwhiteguy.com

UKISOCIETY
07-20-2009, 05:59 AM
I just remembered that my sister worked as a waitress at a truck stop for years. I'll have to tell her about this.

Ukeffect
07-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Bitter? Adelle is NOT bitter...she's just an..."aquired " taste! LOL!:D

dave g
07-20-2009, 07:25 AM
bitterolddrunkwhiteguy.com is available! :rolleyes:

nikolo727
07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
since everyone has their own dream about making a website I think ill make one too. :p

whowantstomoveclosertoalloftheirukebuddies.com

:( I still havent gotten over not being able to go to the UWC.:(

or the ever popular:

whogivesashitaboutwhetherfrictiontunersarebetterth angearedtuners.com/forum

so everyone who wants to argue over friction or geared tuners, can go there and not clutter UU with bitching. haha

haolejohn
07-20-2009, 08:03 AM
LOL. It makes me want to make a new website

whatukuleleisbestforme.com/itsyoursnotminesowhocares

Wow that felt good.

Gcow55
07-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Congrats Adelle!

UKISOCIETY
07-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Cool!

www.enui.com is for sale!

seeso
07-20-2009, 09:20 AM
Cool! Congrats, Adelle! :D

haolejohn
07-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Umm...can I have some eggs with that?

sukie
07-20-2009, 09:52 AM
:( I still havent gotten over not being able to go to the UWC.:(

Nic, your parents are glad you did not go to UWC. UWC was not like a Uke Fest I don't think. Lots of partying going on. Your parents would have been very uncomfortable with you being there. I wouldn't have wanted my son to go to stuff like that when he was your age. There will come a time when it's not a problem, but not now.

DeG
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Way to go Adelle!! Although, I do feel bad for the bitter waiters who are being discriminated against and have no one to commisserate with...:(:D

CoLmes
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Good job Adelle that's awesome!

I know how you feel..Last job I had, I worked at a real fancy restaurant down by me.. they wanted me to burn my damn fingers off for them, after seeing my first crappy pay check I promptly quit.

RevWill
07-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I got hired at a Barbecue joint when I was about 19. I worked there two days. During those two days I mostly cleaned the nasty greasy hood over the deep fryers and the grill - while they were still hot and being used for cooking. Once the hood was cleaned I was "laid off" with one paycheck in hand.

Found out later I was only hired because their regular cook was on vacation and they needed a person for the weekend.

Pippin
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
bitterolddrunkwhiteguy.com is available! :rolleyes:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Slick
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM
My all time favorate waitress had blue hair and called everybody "Hon". :D

DeG
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I wonder if Adelle has ever said,"Kiss My Grits", to anyone...:rolleyes:

sukie
07-20-2009, 03:11 PM

Good one DeG! Made me laugh. I'd want to see that on video.

DeG
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks Sukie! I was worried that one was going to fly over the heads of these young whipper snappers...I'm glad you're "distinguished" like me...:)

Boozelele
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM

Good one Deg.

I am so old I actually got this reference, now where is my G--Damned wine?

Boozelele
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Nic, your parents are glad you did not go to UWC. UWC was not like a Uke Fest I don't think. Lots of partying going on. Your parents would have been very uncomfortable with you being there. I wouldn't have wanted my son to go to stuff like that when he was your age. There will come a time when it's not a problem, but not now.

Words of wisdom, Sukie!

SailorQwest
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
:):)Congrats, Adelle!:)

KC8AFW
07-20-2009, 03:41 PM
That is way cool!

Congrats, Adelle, on the well deserved publicity! :cheers:

benmealer
07-20-2009, 05:18 PM
cool, adelle!:shaka:

Ukulele JJ
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh man, that song is brilliant!

I never did wait tables. But I did have a job--for many years--doing food delivery. No, not pizza. This was one of those places that had contracts with all sorts of restaurants that didn't have their own delivery service. A "waiter on wheels" sort of thing. You called us, and could order from a host of different places. We'd fax them the order(s), and I'd go pick 'em up and take 'em to you.

And yes, there were some restaurants where I, the driver, had to expo my own freakin' orders because they didn't have any sort of "to go" system in place.

I had to know the menus of, like, 16 different restaurants cold. Chinese, Italian, Mexican... you name it. Unlike a "normal" server, if I forgot that the such-and-such was supposed to come with a side of blah-blah-blah sauce, I couldn't just go back to the kitchen to get it. The kitchen was five miles away!

But I did get to spend the bulk of my working hours listening to a cranked up car radio. And if I needed to take a couple of months off to go do a series of gigs, they'd let me. Life could've been a lot worse.

JJ

adellethegreat
07-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Thank you guys all so much for the kind words! Especially to Russ who posted this for me :) I emailed a few friends with the good news but didn't wanna come off as a D-bag Bragger McBraggy here so I didn't post it.

Good music comes from the heart... and regardless of the humor level in this tune, it def came from the heart. I always said that if I ever did snap at work, they'd no longer refer to it as 'going postal'... it would be 'going waitress'.

Thanks for watching everyone! Support means a lot.

haolejohn
07-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Good one Deg.

I am so old I actually got this reference, now where is my G--Damned wine?

If this is criteria for being old then I'm old. Or is spent to much time watching TBS.