Tom Waits - Take It With Me (on Martin S-O ukulele)

UKISOCIETY

Reaction score
There's one or two other uke versions of this song, but they don't capture the spirit of the original, IMO. I hope my version comes close. Very sparse instrumental part - it's up to the singer to sell it. So, here goes! :(

That Martin sounds great. What do you have it strung with? The S-O is on my UAS top-ten.

I am a huge Tom Waits fan (I am proud to say I scored 97 out of 100 on a name that Tom Waits quiz on face book). I am also a uke fan; or what would I be doing here. You have combined these two things and done a beautiful job, very tasteful playing and emotional vocal. Outstanding!!!!!!

Last edited:
That Martin sounds great. What do you have it strung with? The S-O is on my UAS top-ten.

The S-O is a different beast from the vintage Martin Style Os but still a nice uke. It has issues with the inner bracing (mine cracked on the back of the body). I also had to sand down the saddle a bit. I put Guadalupe low-g fibre core strings on it. I think they sound amazing on it.

I am a huge Tom Waits fan (I am proud to say I scored 97 out of 100 on a name that Tom Waits quiz on face book). I am also a uke fan; or what would I be doing here. You have combined these two things and done a beautiful job, very tasteful playing and emotional vocal. Outstanding!!!!!!

Thanks that means a lot to me. I wasn't into him much until recently, but now I guess I'm ready for him, because his music knocks my socks off! TIWM is such a bare-bones song, it would be easy to over produce or over arrange it. I was happy with the result.

And I was wrong in my first post here. I don't think there's ANY other version of this song on ukulele on YT.:cool:

Top Bottom