The good news and the bad news

Ukulele JJ

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The bad news first...

The local music shop in which the Nashville Ukulele Society meets monthly is unfortunately closing! :(

In the end, I guess it's just tough for a small, independent music store to survive. Even in the so-called "music city" of Nashville. I give the owner mad props for even attempting to open a music store in today's economic climate. :cheers:

The good news? Well our meeting tonight had more people show up than any other meeting I've attended! A good dozen folks were crammed into that back room, just uke-in' away. Two of them were new converts who bought ukes from the store right there on the spot--one was the father of a young girl who came in for the meeting (I suppose that, when he saw all of us other old geezers playing the uke, he realized he could do it too!), and the other was a guy who had some hawai'ian relatives and wanted to learn to play "at least one song" on the ukulele for when he visited them next.

JJ

Bummer to hear that the store is closing. Any good uke deals? Good job on the new converts. Keep them coming.

Always look on the bright side of life

Yah, sorry to hear about the store closing but cut to the chase....any good uke deals!?! :music::)

This place is full of vultures, vultures everywhere!

Um... but yeah, he's pretty much sold out of ukes. He had one Gold Tone banjolele left, and a stack of Mahalos. They were discounted, but not quite at "fire sale" prices yet.

Word from the guy who organizes the club is that he might be getting us into a space just a few blocks down, in an ice cream shop. Oh man...

JJ

That's why whenever possible I buy from smaller stores rather than my local Guitar Center.

Top Bottom