Ailani uke??? Anybody???

I noticed R & L on one of the pictures. Randy and Lenda Wong use the R & L symbol on their ukes and I believe they are located in Hawai'i Kai on the island of Oahu. The have a website (http://www.ukuleleshawaii.biz/) but it's not coming up. Here's one of their instruments. A rather unique looking pineapple soparano.

Last edited:
Amen to Kanaka 916 R&L is Randy & Lenda (Wong) and Ailani is Lenda's Hawaiian middle name, made in same shop by Randy as other 'ukuleles but Lenda's Ailani line has more "bling" with laser engraving etc. wheres as Randy's R&L line is more a players 'ukulele. I have a Koa Super (concert neck) soprano made by them it is excellent in quality of build and sound. He uses the Spanish heel method of attaching neck to body, and he has some of the most beautiful curly Koa wood available which is aged at least 10 years. I don't think you will be disappointed.

PS. I see you stay Oahu, you can purchase direct from R&L if your bidding falls through.

Last edited:
It looks to be pretty well made, I'd go ahead and bid on it! I would myself, but I have at least 5 others I'm going to have to pay for this week! :eek: Glad I got a bonus! @(#%$^&&##@!!! UAS!
*$&%*%*

Last edited:
Thanks.I think I will go ahead and bid on it (even though my husband is saying "NO") :p

LOL go for it. looks like a very pretty uke.
make sure you get it so you could post up pics :p

I guess, there was a bunch of us all looking today. I was also curious. Not enough to bid, but just as to what it was.

(See also Emil Bader's ukuleles. I'm curious about those as well. That thread has been also of interest today...)

I just bought an "Ukuleles Hawaii by R & L" all koa mini concert at Harry's Music in Kaimuki, Oahu.
Wow. Light as a feather, brilliant sound, and beautiful grain. Even my wife approved and understood that I had to have it.
Her exact review?
"It sure is pretty. And it does sound good." That is high praise indeed, coming from her - hahahaha

This is a 2009 thread (and thus a very old listing). I was puzzled at first too, until I noticed that.

Top Bottom