Mainland Time!

NatalieLin6

Reaction score
In a little suburb outside of Detroit, Michigan.
If everything goes as planned I should be able to buy my Mainland Concert this week and I am SO excited.

Congrats!
Mine is in Norwegian customs atm! Guess I will have it today or tomorrow!

Judging from the stories out there, you will get a nice instrument! Get all your chores out of the way while you still can. Once you play it for a while, be sure to share your experiences with the rest of us :)

everyone can get theirs faster than me! i've gotta wait til like september (maybe later) before i can even order (no money right now), but i decided a few weeks ago exactly what i wanna get!

everyone can get theirs faster than me! i've gotta wait til like september (maybe later) before i can even order (no money right now), but i decided a few weeks ago exactly what i wanna get!

hehe, I feel ya. Had been looking at the one I have ordered for two three months before I could afford it

hehe, I feel ya. Had been looking at the one I have ordered for two three months before I could afford it
yes! just like that! i was just gonna wait and get a mainland as my first uke, but then i couldn't wait that long so i bought a cheap one. i should never have got interested in ukes... i am too poor to deal with the consequences...

yes! just like that! i was just gonna wait and get a mainland as my first uke, but then i couldn't wait that long so i bought a cheap one. i should never have got interested in ukes... i am too poor to deal with the consequences...

After taking up scuba diving, I'm convinced that UAS is cheap. The basic necessities for diving cost about as much as a wall of KoAlohas. :eek::eek:

Congrats on the Mainland, Natalie! They're awesome ukes, especially for the price.

heheh :) me too!

After taking up scuba diving, I'm convinced that UAS is cheap. The basic necessities for diving cost about as much as a wall of KoAlohas. :eek::eek:

Congrats on the Mainland, Natalie! They're awesome ukes, especially for the price.

UAS is relatively cheap compared to lots of other hobbies. In the $250 range, a Mainland, Ohana or Bushman uke is a far better deal than most acoustic or electric guitars. Heck, a free puppy will cost you $50 every time you turn around. Five weeks in, you could've had a very nice uke. (I know).

UAS is relatively cheap compared to lots of other hobbies. In the $250 range, a Mainland, Ohana or Bushman uke is a far better deal than most acoustic or electric guitars. Heck, a free puppy will cost you $50 every time you turn around. Five weeks in, you could've had a very nice uke. (I know).

This is true! GAS is far more destructive than UAS. Even a standard American-made Strat is $1000 now. And there are so many guitar gadgets you'll decide that you need. And your collection will fill a room, while even a big uke collection will only cover one couch. ;) And most pets will cost the equivalent of a Moore Bettah custom in the first five years.

This close to my Mainland

I got hooked on ukuleles after playing my brother's $20 ukulele, coming across ukuleleunderground.com, and discovering Mainland ukuleles all at the same time.

A brutally convincing combination.

While I tried to be critical and take a few days to search for other ukuleles all signs pointed right back at Mainlands for their quality, sound and looks.

My final question before I start on the trail to certain UAS is one that I haven't been able to find an answer too in all my research:

Concert or Tenor?

For a Mainland it's a 30 dollar price difference which at this point isn't a deciding factor.

So please, for a Mainland Ukulele and a relatively new player looking to take this seriously which one do I choose?

Thank you.

Concert or Tenor?

For a Mainland it's a 30 dollar price difference which at this point isn't a deciding factor.

So please, for a Mainland Ukulele and a relatively new player looking to take this seriously which one do I choose?

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

i say tenor. it's all preference though. i'm a soprano guy. maybe one day ill move to a tenor.. but i feel like concert is an awkward in between size. (don't get me wrong though... plenty of players play concert). BUT WE ALL KNOW SOPRANO IS THE COOLEST OF THE FOUR! :D:D

if you're still unsure. call up mike and ask him which one sells more. then you can let popularity help you decide.
it also depends on the types of songs you want to play.
basically. it's all up to you =P

I like the tenor size a lot. It's an easier transition back and forth to the guitar. I found my fingers getting lazy after playing my old concert. I also like the mellow sound of the tenor but that's is very subjective.

But aren't you getting a lot of love back from that little puppy...like chewed up socks...???...:eek:

But aren't you getting a lot of love back from that little puppy...like chewed up socks...???...:eek:

Lots of love, and demands for attention. He's mostly German Shepherd, so he's VERY intelligent. He already knows "sit" and "down," and he's getting fairly good at housebreaking.

My Fluke has yet to pee on the floor.

Lots of love, and demands for attention. He's mostly German Shepherd, so he's VERY intelligent. He already knows "sit" and "down," and he's getting fairly good at housebreaking.

My Fluke has yet to pee on the floor.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Good for him...:D

The Fluke too...:D

Excitement!

I don't know if I am even going to be able to sleep tonight, I am so excited to order my Mainland tomorrow. I know that I have caught the UAS though. Even though I am about to order a new Mainland, I am already thinking about the fluke I want next. Sheesh! Terrible torture this UAS.

Top Bottom