Woah, Ibanez Ukuleles!

experimentjon

Reaction score
I don't know if these are new, but I haven't seen these before. Ukuleles from guitar/bass maker Ibanez. I own one of their guitars and one of their basses, both of which are cool instruments. Their ukes don't really appeal to me too much, or at least not as much as the Fender ukes, but they're pretty cool.

http://ibanez.com/AcousticGuitars/Series-Ukulele

UKS50.gif

UEW20SG.gif

UEW10QM.gif

model-UKC10

Whoa indeed! Perhaps more and more guitar makers will jump into the uke market? Too bad these look much less interesting than Fender's offerings, and the Fenders were panned for being cookie cutter imports with a new headstock.

That's cool, I have an Ibanez guitar that I really like.. Too bad they don't offer a tenor model

I was looking at the website and it has neck dimensions that show a radius fretboard. No actual dimensions though. It would be cool to have a radius fretboard on a more affordable ukulele. I have wanted to try that option out but it is ussually only fond on higher end ukes.

Besided that it is about exciting as Fender ukes for me, Not very.

They do have some nice looking woods but i would bet not solid.

I REALLY Like the radiused fretboards, very cool. Probably made in China right?

Those maple ones look nice, otherwise the rest just look a bit standard. I'm sure the sapele is nice but the wood and cutaway on the other two just look nicer in my opinion.

Indeed the radiused fretboard are cool and the price is attractive but I think I'll give them a miss.

I think they are prettier than the Fenders. Not really my style. If I was going to spend that kind of money, I'd go for a Mainland.

I really like that maple cutaway concert. Their cutaway shape is pretty, and that maple is beeyooteeful.

I have an Ibanez classical guitar, and it's what I mainly use when I'm not playing my ukulele.

Whoa indeed! Perhaps more and more guitar makers will jump into the uke market? Too bad these look much less interesting than Fender's offerings, and the Fenders were panned for being cookie cutter imports with a new headstock.

I've heard that, but I never saw which ukuleles they were supposedly rebranding. Any examples?

Top Bottom