Free Tenor Kala Ukulele! "Oh, The Places Uke Will Go!" Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm... that uke was delicious...

I'm kinda jealous of the lucky winner that'll get it hahaha

Hmm. I may enter this one. I think my friend has that ukulele but not in black and without the cutaway. It plays quite well.

ill try to go somewhere fancy. theres real famous old bridge i can get a good pic from. unfortunately i dont have a camera, and last time i did i couldnt upload to youtube.

im in, i need a new uke anyways

I don't get it. Is the UU staff going to choose the winner based on how cool that landmark is, or how great the ukulele performance is...o' wha? Anyone..anyone?? Rayan...Aldrine...clarification por favor!

I am purchasing tickets to the Egyptian pyramids right now...good luck suckers...ha.:rolleyes:

I don't get it. Is the UU staff going to choose the winner based on how cool that landmark is, or how great the ukulele performance is...o' wha? Anyone..anyone?? Rayan...Aldrine...clarification por favor!

I am purchasing tickets to the Egyptian pyramids right now...good luck suckers...ha.:rolleyes:

Haha. Yeah it is going to be quite subjective but we will be evaluating on, landmark coolness, creativity as far as how the video is put together, and what you say in your video (This is ______ and I'm part of the Ukulele Underground!_______________________________________. )

What we don't want is people going out and saying, "This is my entry into ..." We want these videos to be your declaration that you are a part of the Ukulele Underground.

Pretty much if it makes us go, DAMN that is cool. It will win. The video didn't say but we also have a 2nd place prize. A cool uke stand that was also given to us by Kala Ukulele.

We'll also be using some of these videos as bumpers into some of our videos so you might see yourself in uke minutes starting May.

Last edited:
will any pics have any chance of competeing (with a chance to win)? im guessing im going to need so REALLY good shots.

will any pics have any chance of competeing (with a chance to win)? im guessing im going to need so REALLY good shots.

The winner pretty much will be chosen on the "OH SNAP THAT IS COOL" factor. So who knows, maybe if it's an awesome pic!

Hmm...it's going to hard to compete on landmark coolness from Minnesota. Too bad the contest isn't in May, otherwise I could do a landmark video from Taiwan! :p

"OH SNAP THAT IS COOL" factor? Oh dear. I'm going for the "Hm, that's mildly interesting." factor.

I'll have to take a photo, because the lack of recording thing. I'll get a sign that says "Ukulele Underground" as my da takes pictures. Sorry it won't be in video format, but I'll try to make do without one.

Does video quality count because my digital cam is very WEAK when it uploads to my computer.

Any suggestions on some good video editing program? I'm thinking of entering this because I need a new ukulele bad.

Windows Movie Maker is easy to use, but very basic. I suppose that's two plus points, maybe. We use our Mac anyway.

Also, my da has informed my that his digital camera can take not-great quality videos. I suppose any video is better than no video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom