New Waverly Street Soprano #93

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
I went up to Columbus, Ohio last Monday and had the pleasure of meeting a genuinely pleasant and talented individual, Dave Gjessing of Waverly Street Music. Dave builds some real nice ukuleles and banjo ukuleles in a small and modest but well-equipped shop at his house.

I went to Waverly Street Music to pick up #93, a soprano all solid spalted maple back and sides with solid fir top ukulele. Dave had posted a picture of this ukulele as it was being built about 3 weeks ago on UU. I was fortunate to have been able to purchase the ukulele before it was spoken for. I asked Dave if he could put the artwork on it and I was again fortunate that his mom, who does the artwork for Dave, agreed to do it.

The ukulele is wonderful. It is built well, plays easily, has no rattles or buzzes, no rough edges along the fingerboard, and the intonation is spot on all the way up the neck. The sound is angelic with plenty of projection. It is truly a professional level instrument.

I am attaching 2 pictures I took of the instrument. If you want to see other instruments that Dave has built, here is a link to his website wherein he has included some quality pictures of all of the instruments he has built.

www.wsukes.com

I want to thank Dave for his hospitality and for bringing this instrument into the world...:D

And, I want to thank Dave's mom for her willingness to do and her application of the artwork...it makes this instrument truly special...:D

Attachments

• 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 100_1144.jpg
    100_1144.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Really nice uke. Glad you got it! I enjoyed getting to see the work in progress. And it is even cooler to know who bought it!

UU: What a great forum!

–Lori

Congrats on your new baby. I've been in love with my #51 pineapple since she arrived here many months ago. :shaka:
51-01.jpg

That is gorgeous! I'm hoping to buy something like it eventually.

Thanks - it was a real pleasure listening to you play it! I'm just a chord strummer myself, and it's always nice to hear people who know how to play play one of my instruments :)

Thanks again Dave...Don't forget the super concert...Ha! Ha! Ha!...:D

Top Bottom