Latest Sign of UAS

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
"Get behind me Pineapple?"
My latest sign of UAS is pictured below. It is a S&J Crafts concert pineapple made by local luthier Emil Bader. Mr. Bader is very environmentally conscious and uses readily available local woods not very often seen in 'ukuleles. My pineapple has spalted Mango top and bottom with spalted Norfolk Island Pine sides, Mahogany neck, Lychee fretboard, and Milo saddle. She has a nice mellow tone characteristic of Mango wood but a unique beauty contributed from the variety of woods used. I'm calling her "Hapa girl" because she is beautiful just like mixed race island girls of Hawai'i.
(My apologies for poor quality of pictures which don't do this 'ukulele justice.)

P1140214.jpg

P1140219.jpg

P1140220.jpg

P1140224.jpg

I already have on order from Uncle Emil a special order one of a kind pineapple that will blow me away when complete. It will be a surprise when I post it in several months.

Very nice addtion to the collection.

That's really nice looking, congrats. On another note, I like the turtle sheets :D

I love how you say "mixed race island girl". But that is a very nice uke indeed. Lychee fretboard, yummy!

That's really nice looking, congrats. On another note, I like the turtle sheets :D

That's actually my Lavalava which I prefer to wear at home then shorts, much more comfortable. Most of my 'ukulele pictures have one of my Lavalavas underneath them. ;) It wraps around your waist then you found the top seam out and over to lock in place. Great 'ukulele playing clothes. :D

video?? Id love to hear how it sounds! :D shes a beautiful addition, have fun!

Ever-growing pineapple patch! lol She's lovely :D

I already have on order from Uncle Emil a special order one of a kind pineapple that will blow me away when complete. It will be a surprise when I post it in several months.

Ahnko Honu posting a new pineapple a surprise? It is going to have to be truly spectacular to be a surprise - I can't wait to see it!

Lychee...wow...that's one I wouldn't have even known to consider. You've got me thinking now. A pineapple ukulele made with lychee, mango & guava woods. A tropical fruit salad of ukulele goodness.

Sound samples, video. cannot wait.

Whoa! That's absolutely gorgeous! How does it stack up next to your other ukes in terms of sound, playability, etc.?

Hey Ahnko where you get those Lavalava? I'd like to get some for myself.

Thanks Jack

Thanks Ahnko. If they don't have a website I'll be sure to pick some up in November. Love the Aloha Flea market, I go every year.

Jack

Beautiful one, I need a pineapple too, maybe after my first tenor or eleuke (UAS ARRRRRRR)
Gotta love your turtle sheet ^^

Top Bottom