Taylor Ukuleles

Really? Wow. I'll have to start saving up.

I wonder... Were they possibly Baby Taylors? They're about the same size, but six strings.

It wouldn't be surprising if Taylor started making ukes. But is he sure those are uke cases and not Baby Taylor cases?

I had heard some rumblings earlier in the year. Can't confirm anything yet though.

I was thinking maybe they were on some kind of promotional tour. My boss knows zero about ukes but has been a top notch Pedal steel and guitar/bass player for decades, so I trust he saw uke size cases (he has seen mine). He said the foursome looked Hawaiian to him. I did a search and found nothing on Taylor Ukes.

Oh shnap. Maybe they'll have them over here when Taylor comes to Oahu for their 2009 road show. Looks like I have another reason to go now...even though I'm not a big fan of the Island Guitars store, I guess if there's a "taylor guitars petting zoo" and the possibility of Taylor ukes, I need to be there.

Taylor had on there web sie a 4 string tenor guitar and a 6 string parlor. AGF forum had the pdf scans.

yes, I agree with DaveVisi...I'll have to start saving up now! I'd love to own a taylor guitar, let alone a UKE! Hope they make a tenor cutaway with a hardcase!

I bought a 1995 Taylor 510 (Mahogany/Spruce dreadnought) back in '96. It is a fabulous guitar in every way. And as should be expected of an instrument of its caliber, it sounds far better now than it did then - and it sounded great then!

I can only imagine just how fab a Taylor ukulele would be.

Maybe there were stickers on the sides? I have a friend who put a Taylor sticker on the headstock of her Oscar Schmidt 'ukulele. She stumped a lot of people until Keoki Kahumoku took a look at it and said "eh, that's not a Taylor!". We had a good laugh about that.

If Taylor is making 'ukuleles, I can't wait to see and hear one.

I have a Baby Taylor Mahogany. It has amazing tone for such a small guitar. I would love to see what Bob Taylor could do with an ukulele. :music:

The Baby Taylor case is small enough to fly carry on, so I'm wondering if that's not what was seen. I would think if Taylor was experimenting with ukes, as informed as this forum is, someone here could confirm it.

Top Bottom