sanchez uke

gabzuke

Reaction score
Looks like an Applause UA10-E - electrified version of the acoustic UA10. Pretty basic uke; I have one that I use as my camping uke because of the plastic and it's sturdy. I don't have the pickup in mine, though. It's quieter than my all-wood ukes, and the frets are pretty fine - I find fingering on it to be quite a bit more finicky than my Hawaiian ukes. It's fine, but not very special...

I find fingering on it to be quite a bit more finicky than my Hawaiian ukes. It's fine, but not very special...

whish that I could say that... but then I would have been so lucky to own a Hawaiian Uke... :)

It looks so similar that I would suspect that it is a re-branded applause for that market...it looks good though!

Not really rebranded, knock off.

I think it's worth the little bit extra to buy the original. They copied the look of somebody else's work, doubtful they copied the quality.

Don't waste your money on any Sanchez ukes - period.

Those passive pickups in their ukes are cheap and nasty, as is the setup, intonation and parts. They are incomparable to the Applause. They are not rebranded, they are knock offs and bad at that.

The Ovation Applauses are more expensive. But, if you want to spend that sort of money, you are better of saving up for that Kala you have your eye on. Much better projection.

Also, in Australia, for $199, for example, you can buy a solid mahogany Ohana or, for example, for $225 a Kala Travel uke. Those are real instruments.

These Sanchez ukes with 'free' case are false economy.

Last edited:
I think the Applause instruments are getting unneccesary grief. While not amazing by far, they aren't bad instruments. They're well made and very durable with the composite back. They are a bit quiet, but they don't sound bad at all amplified. But they're not terrible instruments.

Disclaimer: I neither work for Applause nor own one of their instruments :p

I think the Applause instruments are getting unneccesary grief. While not amazing by far, they aren't bad instruments. They're well made and very durable with the composite back. They are a bit quiet, but they don't sound bad at all amplified. But they're not terrible instruments.

Disclaimer: I neither work for Applause nor own one of their instruments :p

I hope I didn't sound like I was giving my Applause grief - it's a fine uke for camping, I love that it's durable and can go anywhere. But I have a couple of MUCH nicer ukes - and I can tell the difference!

I hope I didn't sound like I was giving my Applause grief - it's a fine uke for camping, I love that it's durable and can go anywhere. But I have a couple of MUCH nicer ukes - and I can tell the difference!

No, not anyone in this thread specifically. Just generally. Although there are better choices for the money in my opinion.

If was out camping, I'd get the loudest uke I could find, haha!

If you want tough and durable with a composite back, then in my opinion you should consider the Ohana CK70RB or a Flea or Fluke.

Top Bottom