Elise uke?

kjmillig1

Reaction score
I recently bought an Elise concert uke from a local shop. They had never heard of anything other than soprano (I'm in Asia), but checked their suppliers and brought in 2 sopranos and 2 concerts. Mine had a blond finish top and darker sides and back with a shiny lacquer finish and chrome tuners.
Howerver, I can't find anything about the brand. I realize it's probably from a general musical instrument exporter. Has anyone heard of them? Played one? I'm real happy with it and am getting back into playing since my soprano is back in the USA.

I recently bought an Elise concert uke from a local shop. They had never heard of anything other than soprano (I'm in Asia), but checked their suppliers and brought in 2 sopranos and 2 concerts. Mine had a blond finish top and darker sides and back with a shiny lacquer finish and chrome tuners.
Howerver, I can't find anything about the brand. I realize it's probably from a general musical instrument exporter. Has anyone heard of them? Played one? I'm real happy with it and am getting back into playing since my soprano is back in the USA.

I am in extreme doubt that this series of event occurred until I espy visual evidence of said purchase.

In other words, Pics, or it didn't happen! ;) Please post some photos so I can drool over your uke.

Can't tell without knowing exactly what you're typing. If you use the "IMG" button (the one that looks like a mountain) and paste in the URL of the picture (not the "embed" code) that should work.

OK, here's a 2nd try.
3751464465_e92a399ac2.jpg

3752256534_c6c3cbb9e7.jpg

3752256596_c4b0f7368a.jpg

3751464587_747c9860db.jpg

Looks nice! I'm glad you got the picture posting thing worked out. It was worth the effort.

So, has anyone heard of Elise ukes or other instruments made by them?
Also, any thoughts on the type of woods it may be constructed of? I know enough about carpentry to know that color alone isn't an indicator because it may have just been stained.

I can't find one with the word "Elise" but if you look for Royal Ukuleles, they have a UKC-2S model that is virtually identical. I'm guessing that either Elise changed their name to Royal, or it's made by Royal and private labeled.

http://westwoodguitarcompany.com/Royal_Ukukeles.htm

This page has one identical to yours. It retails for $239 Australian dollars. Tiny glimpses in the soundhole of some of the pictures seem to indicate the label is the same as yours.
http://www.guitarfactory.net/Folk/Ukuleles.htm

Check out the shape of the bridge and the label
http://acousticcentre.com.au/uploadedFiles/1213327937390-1987.jpg

The Royal equivalent to yours has a solid Spruce top and laminated Rosewood back and sides.

Last edited:
I realize that this is an old thread but I thought I'd add some input, I'm an American living in Taiwan.. well I own an Elise soprano that was modeled after the Kala KA-SMHS.. it plays and sounds pretty great. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy yours as well.

Top Bottom