Uke Thong

I just got this one:
http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=213
EMPJumpFleaColBluke-DET.jpg

I go all out and install a strap button

I never felt comfortable in them, they always seemed to ride up on me... but hey if it's comfortable for you...

I tried one on my classical guitar, but wasn't a big fan. I'm getting strap buttons on both that and my ukulele today.

What's that?

It screws into the end of your uke...then you can use a regular guitar strap (or mandilin strap). It is a permanant modification...and a lot of people don't like drilling a hole in the end of their uke. Your local guitar shop can do it for you, though.

What's that?

looks like this, and allows me to use a guitar strap. I like it that way because it gives me support on the neck so I don't drop it when I clumsily change chords...:cool:
Here's my Kala watermelon with the (of course) green strap .

Attachments

• 0723091303.jpg
    0723091303.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 0723091302.jpg
    0723091302.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 49
looks like this, and allows me to use a guitar strap. I like it that way because it gives me support on the neck so I don't drop it when I clumsily change chords...:cool:
Here's my Kala watermelon with the (of course) green strap .
Very cool!

I use one, but not consistently. They tend to sampen the top board a bit, affecting the sound. And I can't let go of the uke, like with a proper strap.At least one hand still needs to be holding on. But still nice to have one.​

Now it's actually starting to hurt my neck... I'm probably just holding my uke wrong.

I just got this from MGM. Same concept as the uke thong, but the look of it appealed to me more.

Anyway, I like it too. Helps me concentrate more on getting better at actually playing.

I tried one on my classical guitar, but wasn't a big fan. I'm getting strap buttons on both that and my ukulele today.
I've always been too leary to try one on CG. By design, the entire weight of the guitar is exerting outward pressure at the soundhole, and that can't be good for a delicate top. And installing a strap button on a CG worth thousands is considered a sacrilege. :eek:

In comparison, the uke is very light and easy to hold, especially sitting down, so I'll just stick with that for now. If I ever decide I need support to play standing up, I wouldn't hesitate to put a strap button on it. :)

I am trying to improve my playing by recording. One of the things I've been noticing is that I make mistakes because the uke is sliding off my lap. I'm not sure this will help and I'm with itsme, I'm not drilling a hole in the side of my Kamaka. Any suggestions other than the thong?

Top Bottom