Which ukulele should I buy!? :)

incoming

Reaction score
I just got my first ukulele on monday!:D
So I`ve played for like 4 days!
I`m not really pleased, and maybe it`s because it was REALLY cheap! :)
Not quite sure! It`s a "Reno"

So, to all of you ukulele-pro`s..: :cool:

Which ukulele do you reckon I should buy?
And how much money should I spend to get one that sounds awesome!:confused:

You should check out MGM. He'll have something for you in your price range.:shaka:

Yes check out musicguymic on ebay. He has many many ukes and they come with case or bag and other extras. Plus he will set the uke up for you as well. You can email him and tell him what you are looking for and he will have something at a good price. I would guess you should look at the Kala brand.

Hmmmm... I've never heard of "Reno". What is it about it that you don't like? The intonation? The tone? It might be possible to adjust it here and there and get it sounding a tiny bit better.

Otherwise, the next uke you get will depend on your budget. Awesomeness is more or less directly proportional to cost. In overly basic terms, I'd say it goes kinda like this (in US dollars):

• Under $50: Contains no awesome
  • $50-$124: Slight but noticable amounts of awesome. Not bad for the money, and fine for learning on, but you'll probably want to trade up one day.
  • $125-$299: Plenty of awesome to do the job. You might get rid of this uke one day, but you'll be sad about it.
  • $300-899: Significant quantities of awesome. Not to played by or near anyone who is allergic to awesomeness.
  • $900-$4999: Q: What has four strings and is completely awesome? A: This ukulele.
  • $5000 and above: Hey, nice Martin you've got there!

JJ

hahaha!!!!

Love the answer!!

I bought mine in a musicstore on monday!
It says RENO on it! it was only 20$.
http://www.finn.no/finn/viewimage?f...kulele+Reno+RU-150+Blk&adTypeId=68&areaId=152
You probably won`t understand this one, as it`s in norwegian!
But there`s a picture there, for u to see!

I`m not quite sure why I`m not pleased with it, there`s just something wrong!
Like it`s not the right one for me! Kind of! :p
But I guess I`m just being fussy and all...
it`s actually not that bad! At least for a couple of weeks!! :D

So i guess I`ll buy one at like 250$ :D

Before you totally give up on this one...have you tried changing the strings? An inexpensive ukulele like that generally comes with terrible strings and just won't sound "right", even if your doing everything you're supposed to. Try a set of Aquila's for about $5 - $6, they can make an iffy sounding uke into a decent little instrument. If that doesn't work for you...then go for the higher dollar uke!:cool:

hahaha!!!!

Love the answer!!

I bought mine in a musicstore on monday!
It says RENO on it! it was only 20$.
http://www.finn.no/finn/viewimage?f...kulele+Reno+RU-150+Blk&adTypeId=68&areaId=152
You probably won`t understand this one, as it`s in norwegian!
But there`s a picture there, for u to see!

I`m not quite sure why I`m not pleased with it, there`s just something wrong!
Like it`s not the right one for me! Kind of! :p
But I guess I`m just being fussy and all...
it`s actually not that bad! At least for a couple of weeks!!

So i guess I`ll buy one at like 250$ :D

Ah you have that one yeah!
Seem that around in a few stores here in Norway :)
If that's your price range, check out Mainland ukes :p I am getting my concert from them any day now, and I have only heard good things about it!

Before you totally give up on this one...have you tried changing the strings? An inexpensive ukulele like that generally comes with terrible strings and just won't sound "right", even if your doing everything you're supposed to. Try a set of Aquila's for about $5 - $6, they can make an iffy sounding uke into a decent little instrument. If that doesn't work for you...then go for the higher dollar uke!:cool:

Or D'Addario strings, they are fantastic Uke strings and are the most common ones ni music shops in Norway that in general dont have much Uke stuff

This is a shameless self plug, but have a look at the marketplace here. I have two handmade insturments in there for not too far off of that price range. They are in and were made in Europe. there are pictures and sound samples. No import fees and no huge shipping bills from across the ocean. Im not trying to pressure or push anything on anyone, but I saw your video on youtube and would be more than pleased to have you playing one of my insturments. Prices are always negotiable.
take care and feel free to ignore this.

Top Bottom