Collings Ukes

SamWise

Reaction score
I'm getting a couple of these for review in Acoustic magazine, and don't know much about them beyond that they look good. Any information on what to expect?

If they're anything like their guitars, you're in for a pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to hearing all about them.

Looking at Elderly Instruments, they're a PILE of cash. Not only did the 12 uke review get me into playing, and part of this place, it also made me the de facto uke expert, so I get sent all of 'em now!

the two collings i have are outstanding ukulele I especially like the mahogany....however i have not yet played a factory made Collings as these were the original number one collings made by Bill Collings Himself. Light Resonant balanced with great finish. I think my you tubes have a sample of the mahogany

i've had my collings koa concert uke for a month now. i also have a few collings guitars and a mandolin, so i'm not really surprised by the uke. bill collings is a perfectionist: flawless build, and a rich, sweet tone that's capable of serious volume. i'm a uke newbie, but i'm very happy with this uke. :D

I am looking at getting a different name brand of uke here soon...I will def have to check out this kind now too...*Grins*

I had written down some thoughts about mine a couple of months back here.

Recently posted Collings demo video.

I like it.

Looking at Elderly Instruments, they're a PILE of cash. Not only did the 12 uke review get me into playing, and part of this place, it also made me the de facto uke expert, so I get sent all of 'em now!

That did it... now I have uke envy. :p

I am looking at getting a different name brand of uke here soon...I will def have to check out this kind now too...*Grins*

You know they're in the $2000 bracket, right? I love to play that sort of thing, but the price is WAY out of my league.

I played a solid mahogany UC-1 Saturday. Beautifully full, balanced tone all up and down the neck. I would have bought it on the spot but my wife wouldn't let me.

So, since I have to wait six months I'm hoping they get the tenor out by then. That'll show her.

Collings mandolins are superb. Their quality control and consistent high standard of product have won them a load of fans. The couple of Collings guitars I have played were of similarly flawless quality.

Construction, fit and finish should be little short of perfect. As for sound, there's only one way to find out! :D

I have the top of the line Eastman mandolin at the moment. It's the best I've ever played, by miles (not that I'm a mandolin encyclopedia!)

Top Bottom