Stagg Electric Ukes

I haven't played one but they just popped up on ebay and I noticed a local music store has them, saw online. I do have a Stagg acoustic ukulele and love the thing, not the greatest uke but it was my first so it just feels right cause it was my first.

I will try and get to the shop sometime soon and check them out.

I haven't played one but they just popped up on ebay and I noticed a local music store has them, saw online. I do have a Stagg acoustic ukulele and love the thing, not the greatest uke but it was my first so it just feels right cause it was my first.

I will try and get to the shop sometime soon and check them out.

Cool thanks

My friend has a Stagg concert, he's very happy with it. It sounds great acoustic & through the pick-up.

A little late but I went over to the music shop at lunch. I played around with a Stagg Fender style and a les paul style. I didn't plug them in and know about 0 about electronics. I was looking for something that was quite and could plug some headphones into.

That said, they have passive pickups (not sure what kind). I prefer concerts and the necks on these seemed wider and more comfortable to play than other sopranos I have played. They had some cheap strings that felt odd to my sopistacated fingers:D. I might end up getting one if I can't find one I want, with the headphone plug. They had them going for $130 for the instrument only.

Keep us informed! I might be interested in one :) Finally convinced my wife we need a "music room" to house all my ukes! :)

I own one and I like it. Of course, the only thing I have to compare it to is my daughter's Dolphin.

The Stagg is concert sized and is very comfortable to play. Has the headphone jack in the back for quiet practice and the mp3 input as well.

I went with the low G tuning and I really enjoy it. Can do hammer-ons like an electric guitar. Well built uke.

That's strange. I hate mine.
One of the frets buzzes bad, the pickup output wasn't balanced and for some reason it caused bad feedback on my amp.
Not to mention to uncomfortably high action and awkward string alignment with respect to the neck (it seems to fan out a lot?!)

I've tried and own(ed) Eleuke and Risa solid body electrics too. The Stagg doesn't measure up to them per my experience.
I could have been unlucky though.

Just got myself a stagg EUKE

I just bought one, but sometimes when my headphones is connected it produced awfully loud screams of sound that really hurts my ears.

Should I go back to the store and ask for my money back or am I doing something wrong?

Top Bottom