Is this considered AAS?

UkeNukem

Reaction score
Amplifier Acquisition Syndrome, that is. I followed the battery amp thread with great interest as I have several old school battery amps including a couple that are electric but have 12v power jacks on the back. Generally, they don't sound too great or at best are one trick ponies.

Lately I was checking out ebay for Roland Micro Cubes since they seem to be offered very regularly. I noticed one that was a few days out offered by a pawn shop about three miles away. Gave them a call, agreed on a price, and went over to check it out.

One nice thing about pawn shops is they always have guitars and cords around to test amps. I also brought some AA batteries. Everything checked out and it even included the adapter. The front grille had a slight dent but that I fixed during the clean up at home. Price was $70 including tax which I figured was about the best I could get it for shipped on ebay. At least this way I could check it over first.

This amp is a really versatile tool! Right now I do not have an electric ukulele but I also jam regularly on guitar so I'll put it to use. Maybe I'll DIY a piezo pickup, I have the parts "somewhere". I wee bit of chorus and reverb would be oh so nice for jazzy uke!

Here are some links in case some are unfamiliar with the DIY piezo pickup.

Piezo Pickup Link One

Piezo Pickup Link Two

Piezo Pickup Link Three

AAS! lol heheh :)
Guess you can get any type of AS, used to have CAS (Computer Acquisition Syndrome) :p ended up with three laptops and two desktops :p (now I am down to two laptops and one desktop hehe)
Whish I didn't spend money on those then. I could have used it to feed the UAS I have now

AAS! lol heheh :)
Guess you can get any type of AS, used to have CAS (Computer Acquisition Syndrome) :p ended up with three laptops and two desktops :p (now I am down to two laptops and one desktop hehe)
Whish I didn't spend money on those then. I could have used it to feed the UAS I have now

It's all quite fine less it be IBS. Then youv'e blown it!:cheers:

At least your not trying to sell off a bunch of amps which is known as...

Amp Selling Syndrome or ASS

I guess you could use your ASS to help feed your UAS.

Last edited:
It's all quite fine less it be IBS. Then youv'e blown it!:cheers:

I've had some experiences with IBS. You're right - you really do blow it when you have an attack.

DEG had made a comment suggesting that I have ICAS, Ice cream Acquisition syndrome, after viewing a picture of my refrigerator.

Now, I have yet to acquire a pickup of any sort. So if it means anything, perhaps we will all have your problem soon enough.

DEG had made a comment suggesting that I have ICAS, Ice cream Acquisition syndrome, after viewing a picture of my refrigerator.

Now, I have yet to acquire a pickup of any sort. So if it means anything, perhaps we will all have your problem soon enough.

The problem will be melted ice cream, move them from the frig to the freezer. :D

Yes, the Roland Microcube is a sweet amp. I own that and a Vox DA5. I had the DA5 first, but was sick of having to use expensive C batteries or finding adaptors for rechargable AA batteries. So I got a Microcube from a friend since I fell in love with my Roland Cube 30. The Microcube is a great amp, exactly what I expected, a Mini Cube 30. The only problem I have with it is the power switch. It always feels like I could accidently turn it on and kill the battery. (I haven't yet).

But I love my Microcube. It is my new portable amp unless I want to sing and play out of it (in which case i need the mic-in on the Vox). And I got a killer price on my Microcube too from a friend which is why I bought it. But congrats. Microcube owners unite!

I have a microcube too. I didn't get the deal you got but I take it to old folks home gigs and connect my microphone to it. I used it at a coffee house gig with my electric fiddle and it was awesome. The effects are very nice. It makes my Applause tenor really rock.

If you have the strong desire to buy a lot of those little amplifiers that run on AA batteries, then I guess you technically have "AAAAS".

JJ

I have a Danelectro Honeytone amp and I also bought a AC adapter which I use wherever there's a plug but on the beach the 9 volt lasts long enough. ;)

I have a microcube too. I didn't get the deal you got but I take it to old folks home gigs and connect my microphone to it. I used it at a coffee house gig with my electric fiddle and it was awesome. The effects are very nice. It makes my Applause tenor really rock.

So, do you use a mic plus guitar? Does the mic go into the AUX or does the guitar? I sing so well I don't even have a mic to test it!

Top Bottom