The Hurt Locker

Providence

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this film? Its been playing in select cities for awhile now, it opened yesterday all over the country though. I saw it at a film festival in New England and it was easily one of the best movies this summer.
Its about a squad of bomb technicians who are at their last 40 days in Iraq and then they go home. Everything is well and good until the squad leader fall under unfortunate circumstances and a new squad leader is attached. However this new squad leader is "addicted" to war and to putting himself in mortal danger. He's reckless and serves as a challenge for the other members of the squad who just want to survive the last few days until they are rotated.
Its a really good film. If its playing nearby any of you please go see it, its worth the money. For a cast of unknown actors they did a great job in their portrayals of members of the E.O.D.. It is based on real events as the writer did go to Iraq and was attached to an E.O.D. squad. Thats all I have to say about that, the title comes from soldiers vernacular as explosions sending you to "the hurt locker."

I plan on seeing it but it still isn't at a local theater. I always wanted to do EOD but decided to get out instead of reenlisting for it. Then I worked for civilian company doing EOD work.

I thought it was excellent. But it IS mostly fiction, in the ways the military personnel act, anyway. No one who is as rogue as the main character would ever survive long in the military - he would have gotten himself a dishonorable discharge for half the stuff he did. But it was still a good story, and the way they depicted disarming bombs is realistic, so I've read.

Top Bottom