Slept with my uke... !

kissing

Reaction score
It was like one of those scenarios where you wake up next to someone who you didn't expect... except it was my Uke :eek: !

It shocked me at first at why I had slept with my Uke and after a few moments the memories came back to me..

It's a small Risa Eleuke that I always leave out on the desk right next to my bed. While I was lying in bed, I grabbed it and quietly played a bit on it while lying down and drifted off to sleep without realising.

Lucky I didn't do any damage, since these solidbody electric ukes are robust... though the strings were out of tune when I woke up ..

I
Lucky I didn't do any damage, since these solidbody electric ukes are robust... though the strings were out of tune when I woke up ..

Yes... but the question is did you still respect your uke in the morning?

That made me lol! I bet your not the only one on the UU to fall asleep with a beautiful uke in your arms! haha!

I'll admit I've done it.

Hah! Well, I'm almost ashamed to say you're not alone!
In fact it used to be the case my ukulele would have its own bed, complete with pillow and blanket...

I can't say i've done it myself although it has certainly been suggested, but that was thrown out by the partner... My ukes do have pride of place next to my bed so their the first thing i see when i awake! lol

I've heard some people love their ukulele so much that they were buried with them. After playing a ukulele for so many years I guess it becomes like a part of you.

yeah i admit i fell asleep with mine too a couple times, if my uke didn't want me to sleep with it, it would be wearing that glossy koa wood and those skimpy aquila strings.

I sleep with my Fluke every night, that's normal right? :) My wifes loves the Fluke too so it's a threesome.

Top Bottom