Makapili Tenor for sale in Europe

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a Makapili Tenor Ukulele.

Handmade in Italy.

This tenor is made of solid acacia wood.

Soundboard, back, sides, fretboard are acacia confusa.

Neck is spanish style and made of spanish cedar.

It is strung with worth browns

This is a "second" or more of a prototype.

The insturment sounds looks and plays great, but has some scratches on the soundboard and is not completley smooth around the headstock. Nothing effects playability or sound of hte insturment.

Here is a sound clip. Excuse my rudimentary recording gear and my shabby playing.

http://www.box.net/shared/3jrus4t6eq

The price is sold. Plus shipping, does not include a case.

This is a great deal on a great insturment because of minor cosmetic issues.

Attachments

• tenor-acacia-side.jpg
    tenor-acacia-side.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 77
  • tenor-acacia-sbd.jpg
    tenor-acacia-sbd.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 60
  • tenor-acacia-back.jpg
    tenor-acacia-back.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Anybody interested if shipping is included to Europe?

Last edited:
i am so close to buying this... it sounds amazing and looks great, and the price is just silly low for a handmade ukulele.

the only problem is, that at the moment i only need a uke that i can carry to parties and events, something that wouldn't mind took a beating. And i am afraid that i would be to fond of this uke to do that..

do i need 2 tenor ukes..?

Moller,
Youre right the price is silly low, and it is a really good insturment. I really need to sell an insturment so I can buy some supplies for the ukuleles I am finishing now. They are closer to perfect (even though I know perfect doesnt exist) and the prices will not be nearly this low.

I cant afford to keep making them and sell them for this price, but I also cannot afford to have them all sit at my house. I need someone to play them and tell everyone else what they think about them. A little predicament that any new builder would have I guess.

I will say it again, it is only cosmetic issues with this insturment, the sound and construction are good.

At this price it can go to parties. It already has a few scratches, so you wont have to kill your best friend for putting the first scratch on it.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
Dude, please stop posting this stuff, or I'll have to plunder my meager savings for you. :D

You should try posting on the German Ukulele Forum, I bet there'll be people just waiting to jump on such an offer. If necessary I could translate your post to German.

Just for future reference: dya think it would be possible to make an Uke from olive wood? Because I'd be all over that.

I really hope you get people to play your ukes soon, because I need you to still be in business when the money-gods start smiling again.

Good luck bro :shaka:

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice words Dirk, Ill look at that German forum. About the olive wood. Ive been searching for some olive wood to use as back and sides, but I havent found any yet. I have found some chesnut locally that has been dried for at least 15 years, and I think I am going to try to mill it and see if it is suitable for insturments. If you know where to get any olive wood let me know.

Take care,
Thomas

I did an experiment last week with side sound ports on two of my personal instruments and really liked the changes, really nice high sounds and more volume and sustain.

So I went and put them in all of the ukuleles that I have including this one.

Here is a new sound sample of this instrument. But again excuse my playing and bad recording gear.

http://www.box.net/shared/ftahhymec9

So, this one is still available. Im really surprised no one is interested, especially at this price. I thought about lowering the price even more, but for anything less with shiping included I think I will just sit on it.

Last edited:
My two cents

In my very humble opinion, Thomas's work is fantastic. My concert pineapple arrived yesterday and it SINGS :D
I love it. It's plenty loud with a big tone. I can't stop playing it.
(I'll put a video and review up once I've had time to play it in.)

I'm only one person, so this is purely anecdotal of course, but I've had a great experience of Makapili ukuleles so far :)

Sale Pending...

congratulations, glad you have a couple sold now, and annas video should be up soon (her imperial march was wicked) can't wait to hear one!

This ukulele is sold. This thread can be locked.

A guy who played it at the Aquila festival here in Europe a few months ago emailed me yesterday to see if I still had it and was pleasantly surprised that it was even cheaper than what he expected to pay.

Thanks for the kind words Vahn, I am looking forward to hearing it played by someone who can actually play too.

And Anna, thanks for the nice comment, I am very happy that you like your new toy.

Thomas

Top Bottom