Most Annoying Things You Hear When You Play

Citrus

Reaction score
Probably just my playing! jk
I'm pretty sure some of these are universal but whenever I'm doing a show or just playing for friends a couple things always pop-up.

HOW CUTE! - This one probably crops up the most, and sure some of my stuff is angled on the cuter end for sure but when I'm playing some really technical heavy duty stuff I feel it's more than a touch condescending.

LOOK! IT'S A MINI-GUITAR It might be that I'm in middle Georgia, which is basically redneck Eden, but have they never heard of stringed instruments other than guitars?
There's a couple more things but I'll leave them for you guys to vent on.

Most annoying things I hear when I play? The sound of my incompetence.

YOU SUCK!

that one just hurts....

Or, after I play I'm Yours or something,

HEY PLAY[insert random top 40 hit]

"I don't know who you are, or how you got in here, but if you don't take that ukulele and leave my house, I'm calling the cops!"

JJ

LOOK! IT'S A MINI-GUITAR It might be that I'm in middle Georgia, which is basically redneck Eden, but have they never heard of stringed instruments other than guitars?

I saw "Deliverance", they know their fiddles too. :D

I don't know but for some reason we don't get those comments here. ;)

"Oh, just like Tiny Tim!"

Perhaps I'll start another thread...best answers to idiots who think the uke was the sole province of Tiny Tim.

One of my personal favorites (this should bring the moderators running):

"Tiny Tim was a sotto-falsetto, big-toothed moron...I'm a musician who just got out of prison for murder".

"Oh, just like Tiny Tim!"

Perhaps I'll start another thread...best answers to idiots who think the uke was the sole province of Tiny Tim.

One of my personal favorites (this should bring the moderators running):

"Tiny Tim was a sotto-falsetto, big-toothed moron...I'm a musician who just got out of prison for murder".

Tiny Tim was far from a moron.

Buzzing from the open C and E strings if I use anything other than very thin flurocarbon strings like Worths. I'm too lazy (and scared) to take it to a luthier to fix, so I will probably bring it with me to Hawaii in December in the hopes that Kamaka can look at it themselves.

The sound of sirens. Unless I'm playing an early 90's rap song, in which case I'm like, "sweet!"

Something going.... SNAAAAAAP!! Gives me chills just thinking it! :eek::eek:

I saw "Deliverance", they know their fiddles too. :D

I don't know but for some reason we don't get those comments here. ;)

... and don't forget to squeel like a piggy.

Top Bottom