Honeytone amp...weird question

Amy

Reaction score
Hey, y'all!

I teach classes (knitting) and my voice doesn't project well without strain. I've seen the portable voice amplifiers and they seem pretty feh and really expensive. I then remembered the cuteness of the Honeytone amp, and wondered if I could use that as a voice amplifier with the right microphone.

Anyone know? All the reviews I'm finding on YouTube show it used with an instrument, not with a mic for voice, so I can't tell if it'll sound horrible, unintelligble...or what. Any amp recommendations very welcome! I know nothing.

Last edited:
I would take the mic to a music shop and test it out on different amps.

Honeytones have a tiny driver that distort at far too low of levels. I would say something like the roland micro-cube would be ideal, they run about $100 at your standard big box music store, but keep your eye's open on craigslist sometimes you'll see em for pretty cheap. There's alot out there and I would also recommend going to somewhere like a guitar center or best buy, have them pull out some of those mini amps and a mic for you and see what may fit your needs(of all of those mini honeytone type amps the best audio quality seems to me to be the fender tweed one)

Hope I was of some help

That's very helpful! I did talk to someone at Steve's Music today and the pricing was getting up over $200 (he mentioned the Roland micro-cube as well, but we're talking CDN prices, which are always more painful).

I will check craigslist, and i won't buy the honeytone. Thanks for the advice, guys!

Top Bottom