Song Of Choice?

Reaction score
Picture the scene, you and your beloved Uke, spending some quality time in each others arms, when seemingly out of nowhere, someone passes by and says something along the lines of, "Oh cool a Ukulele, what can you play?"

I'm sure many of us have been in the same situation, and I was wondering, what's the song of choice you whip out of your ukulele arsenal?
Do you opt for a solo piece, or do you sing? Just curious :D

Picture the scene, you and your beloved Uke, spending some quality time in each others arms, when seemingly out of nowhere, someone passes by and says something along the lines of, "Oh cool a Ukulele, what can you play?"

I'm sure many of us have been in the same situation, and I was wondering, what's the song of choice you whip out of your ukulele arsenal?

I usually play Let's Dance. Jake was a genius for writing this song.

(now I just need to learn how to play it like him!)

Seeing as I mostly play Hapa-Haole stuff that noone would know it's going to be Gilligan's Island, I have never met anyone that didn't know the song!!!

I start off singing "Just sit right back" then stop singing and keep playin.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm sure you'd leave them shocked and awed if you pulled that off, sounding half as good as Jake!

Lol you should go check out The Jumping fleas videos... He can certainly 'pull it off'!

That's easily one of my favorite original ukulele songs, it's almost Flamenco-sounding.

I usually just say something like, "what do you want to hear?"

JJ

Top Bottom