my ohana sopranino comes on WEDNESDAY!

pamelamama

Reaction score
Yay!

I have a Oscar Schmidt OU3 which I purchased about a month ago and has been great to start with. But I tried a friend's tiny soprano uke and I knew I needed a tiny new baby.

If I don't mention it mi esposo do you think he will notice?

:smileybounce:

You will love it. It takes a while for the strings to settle in, but once it does, it's a lot of fun. I was just playing mine minutes before posting this!
Cheers,
Skottoman

of my 8 ukes its is most certainly in the top...someone told me "it'll be fun you will just be limited on what you can play on it..." but that's nonsense ..see...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQBMHkPHoA4
it blows my mind as it sounds amazingly full and warm for its size...it honestly sounds better than my other 3 sopranos, one of which is a solid koa kamaka

Yay!

If I don't mention it mi esposo do you think he will notice?

:smileybounce:

Congratulations!
If esposo discovers your Sopranino just look all surprised and tell him Oscar Schmidt must of had a baby! :rotfl:

I was debating getting a Ohana Sopranino but settle on a Tangi Gecko (Mo'o) for three reasons:
1. I was the last Gecko Tangi had
2. It cost less than the Ohana Sopranino (he gave me a deal)
3. It was a local purchase so no waiting at da mailbox everyday

Please post a sound bite as soon as you can, or at least a picture of you holding your new baby.

Ah yesss.... now I remember... I needed a travel uke! UKIsociety (UKISOCIETY? ukisociety? UKIsoCIeTY?)... Alan once mentioned taking his little Ohana on a trip to Russia and it held out fine. It's just the ultimate backpack-uke. And cute as a button hole (I tend to like those better than the actual buttons).

A tenor in a hardcase, though smaller than a guitar, is still nice to ram a door in or to block traffic with. And you can see the frets without reading glasses ;)
I kind of like to compare it to having a small digicam to put in your bag while leaving the decent SLR for dedicated efforts (although the comparison is not 100% sound, just from an amateur practical standpoint).

TGI Friday

Oh wait it's not :wallbash:
Please post a sound bite or a little vid when it arrives, with a happy song and some happy trees and a happy bunny to make us all... happy :)

Congratulations!
If esposo discovers your Sopranino just look all surprised and tell him Oscar Schmidt must of had a baby! :rotfl:

I was debating getting a Ohana Sopranino but settle on a Tangi Gecko (Mo'o) for three reasons:
1. I was the last Gecko Tangi had
2. It cost less than the Ohana Sopranino (he gave me a deal)
3. It was a local purchase so no waiting at da mailbox everyday

Please post a sound bite as soon as you can, or at least a picture of you holding your new baby.

Uncle, do you have pics of your Gecko? I would love to see it! I had a Manini for a little while, but found it really needed to be tuned up for the best tone and as a beginner, I didn't want to associate chords I already knew with new names...

Top Bottom