Anyone in Chicago?

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
It might be futile to ask, but is there anyone in Chicago? The weather's starting to get nice, finally. It's time to jam outside!

Chicagoland is here!

Hey Seeso,

George here. I'm so glad that you were able to attend the uke bash for Bosko & Honey yesterday. Thanks for your great performance and thanks for setting up the Worldwide Internet Ope Mic, as ths was certainly the highlight for many.

We will certainly start hooking up more regularly now that we knw each other exists.

http://www.windycityislanders.com

Right on, George! Had so much fun last night, brother. I'll see you soon.

So... it's been a half a year since I posted this thread. Time to ask again.

Anyone in or around Chicago?
praykv1.gif

I wish I was! I'm just far enough out of the city that driving is out for me. I'd jump in at Old Town School of Folk Music. That lead on Oak Park is prolly good too. People just hang out making all kinds of music on the streets of that town.:D

How about I revive this old thread. The boards have grown in membership since the last post. Anyone else in Chicago?

I'm in carbondale here..sooo no TOOO far...i think you might wanna ask lisaxy she might be up your way...my mom lives in the burbs and my brother in the city so i'm up there a few times a year, i'd love to jam it out if i could hang with the my mighty seeso

Seeso! I'm only a half hour away from Chicago! It's too bad I didn't play a few years ago - I was going to school and living downtown and could have just WALKED to Millennium park to jam! :music:

I saw someone posted earlier about the Harrison Street Players - they meet every Thursday (and would probably be like 20 minutes from where you are!) Or maybe we could meet up at the Ukulele Caberet!

Plus, I was planning on going to the Ukulele Luau this year - will you be there again!? I want to learn the way of Seeso! :)

I think I might have lucked out - I just may get to meet one of the best uke players be default just because of where I live!

I will be in Chicago for a few days around the 12th of May for the Springsteen concert. If anything is going on then I would be happy to meet up! I usually make the rounds at some of the big guitar shops when in town.

Well, why don't we tentatively plan something around the 12th of May? Uke Chicago Meet Up!

Lisa, barring catastrophe, I'll be at the Luau in Indiana.

Jeeper, what does the 12 of May look like for you?

That would be great, but the 12th of May itself is actually not a great date for me...as that is the day of the Springsteen concert! How about the 13th, a Wednesday, around dinner time? Not that I want you all to plan your life around me! I will be in town from May 12 AM until the 14th AM, at any rate. Dinner and drinks somewhere on the 13th would be a blast, and if that works out, I am in!

Dinner and drinks somewhere on the 13th would be a blast, and if that works out, I am in!

The 13th sounds good. Would you rather not meet during the day?

What if we meet during the day on the 13th and whoever still wants to hang out can go have drinks. I don't know if everyone that will want to meet is of age, so I wouldn't want to limit our potential participants right off the bat.

Would you guys want to meet by the Bean?

The 13th sounds good. Would you rather not meet during the day?

What if we meet during the day on the 13th and whoever still wants to hang out can go have drinks. I don't know if everyone that will want to meet is of age, so I wouldn't want to limit our potential participants right off the bat.

Would you guys want to meet by the Bean?

During the day would be even better! I have all day. I just figured that folks would have work or school or something. Daytime is actually best for me so I can take off after dinner and head back to Detroit that evening/night. Maybe an afternoon thing at a uke-friendly music shop or coffee shop or other alternative location? Near the Ben would be great, too. I actually know where that is!

Ugh! I'll be teaching until 3pm that day! Maybe I can catch you guys that night!? Plus, for some reason I play a little better with some drinks in me :)

Keep me updated! :D

Let's see if other people chime in before committing to anything definite.

Top Bottom