`Ukulele Source in San Jose on Front Page of Mercury News.

I'm glad they made the paper, Smiley and Janet certainly deserve it. And it's such a great store. The moment you walk in you think you could stay all afternoon.

When I went into their shop a few months ago, my wife and I were treated like family! I bought the most beautiful KoAloha concert from them! If you are in the SF Bay Area, please visit them in San Jose. Quality people with beautiful uke's.

Ryan

We should hold a south bay area meetup at the coffee shop across the street sometime (Roy's station; very good espresso).

We have Aloha Fest this weekend and Aldrine's visit the next… October seems about right for another meetup.

We should hold a south bay area meetup at the coffee shop across the street sometime (Roy's station; very good espresso).

We have Aloha Fest this weekend and Aldrine's visit the next… October seems about right for another meetup.

for a time, i was there every other day, but with money tightening i havent been there in a minute to resist temptation.

That's great exposure for Smiley and Janet! I bought my KoAloha Superconcert from them, and they were just the friendliest and most helpful people I've come across. Even though I don't live in the San Jose area, driving there was worth it for me to support a fellow who quit his job at 60 to chase his uke dreams. All that and they gave me a great deal too. :cheers:

Just an update on the story. Went to see Smiley yesterday and their shop is jumpin'. The article has run in a number of newspapers (contra costa times for one) and I overheard KGO ABC Channel 7 might be doing a story on the shop and San Jose Japan Town!

Btw, he just got in a shipment of KoAloha -- 2 pineapples and Super Sopranos. All play wonderfully.

Top Bottom