Preserving signatures...

Misguided Musician

Reaction score
Ok. I just won this black Ibanez acoustic at an even a few days ago and it has all these signatures of famous youtube people (i.e., Passion, Gabe Bondoc, Aj Rafael, Jesse Barrera, etc.) and it literally covers the entire guitar! My question is, how do I preserve all these signatures? I want to play it, but I don't want to smudge any of it.

Is there a way to laminate these signatures or a spray that can emboss it?
DSCN7573.jpg

DSCN7574.jpg

Gabe Bondoc
DSCN7575.jpg

Victor Kim (Quest Crew)
DSCN7577.jpg

That's a lot of Mojo on that git-box! I recently made a uke, then got it covered with signatures by all (or most) of the folks at the "Raystock" uke fest in Hollesley, England. I presented it to Ray Shakeshaft, the organiser - the poor fella almost burst into tears!

I used an indelible marker pen for the signatures. When it was all signed-up, I sprayed it over lightly with an aerosol spray can of clear car lacquer. All done out in the open on a camp site. It worked well.

I guess you have to be confident that the clear lacquer will not react badly with the signatures themselves, or with the original finish on the instrument. I had the advantage of being able to try it first on a test piece, as I'd made the uke, and knew what pen would be used.

Hope this helps.

John Colter.

Thanx John! Hopefully it works out well with sharpie. I'll find a way to test it before I actually do something with the guitar. I just hope I don't make any mistakes.

Oh and Awesomeness and mad props to you ed!!!
What kind of pen did PRS use?

Top Bottom