Can't wait!

NatalieLin6

Reaction score
In a little suburb outside of Detroit, Michigan.
My Mainland is supposed to arrive today and I couldn't be more excited. I wish it would get here RIGHT NOW!!! Can you tell I am impatient? :D

Don't do anything (shower, bathroom, etc) or you'll miss the doorbell. :D

Have fun with your new toy. (no, not toy guitar, just new toy)

Don't do anything (shower, bathroom, etc) or you'll miss the doorbell. :D

Have fun with your new toy. (no, not toy guitar, just new toy)

I completely disagree. If you want it to show up faster, go to the bathroom. It's almost guaranteed to show up the second you sit down on the toilet.

I completely disagree. If you want it to show up faster, go to the bathroom. It's almost guaranteed to show up the second you sit down on the toilet.

I agree, it's like watering the garden so it will rain.

Oh, I agree with you both, BUT..

That'd be the one time the UPS driver decides not to wait very long after ringing the doorbell. I'm assuming (I know...) she has to sign for it, so that if she missed the bell it'd be another day. I am ALWAYS just trying to help. I'm a mom!

hh, don't you have some floss to get? Maybe you could use a small ukulele string until then.

lol if i were you id be waiting at the front :D
hahahha dont forget to share some pics haha

That'd be the one time the UPS driver decides not to wait very long after ringing the doorbell. I'm assuming (I know...) she has to sign for it, so that if she missed the bell it'd be another day.
When I got my uke, I waited patiently all day, constantly checking on UPS' tracking to make sure it was still "out for delivery."

Come 6pm I get an email saying the package had been delivered and signed for by... me! Run down the stairs and sure enough, there's this big package just sitting on the porch in plain sight from the street where anyone could have helped it "grow legs" and walk away.

The UPS driver didn't even bother to ring the doorbell or knock. This really irked me, as the sender had assured me a signature would be required, and I stayed home all day anxiously awaiting the bell. I let the sender know that any "signature" the driver had obtained was forged. :mad:

In all fairness, I don't think it was our usual UPS guy. He's a friendly old coot who always rings the bell and waits, even when a signature is not required.

How come we all know our regular UPS guy? I have only had 2 ukuleles sent to me and I know him!

How come we all know our regular UPS guy? I have only had 2 ukuleles sent to me and I know him!

Not long ago at one of my son's baseball games there was a woman who looked really familiar to me and I couldn't figure out why. Then I overheard her say something about being in clothes other than her FedEx uniform.

Come 6pm I get an email saying the package had been delivered and signed for by... me! Run down the stairs and sure enough, there's this big package just sitting on the porch in plain sight from the street where anyone could have helped it "grow legs" and walk away.

The UPS driver didn't even bother to ring the doorbell or knock. This really irked me, as the sender had assured me a signature would be required, and I stayed home all day anxiously awaiting the bell. I let the sender know that any "signature" the driver had obtained was forged. :mad:

UPS here in the islands has a terrible reputation for losing stuff due to delivery to wrong home sometimes on purpose, or just leaving stuff on the front porch in plain sight. I ALWAYS request USPS or FedEx if I have a choice. For some reason UPS charges WAY more than FedEx when shipping to Hawai'i. :mad:

In all fairness, I don't think it was our usual UPS guy. He's a friendly old coot who always rings the bell and waits, even when a signature is not required.

Our UPS guy is awesome… his substitutes, however, have all been aweful. They have gone as far as to through packages over my fence… including fragile ones… and large ones… while my children were playing back there… Better yet: packages over the fence and into the fountain… *grrr*

Yeah… I bought my ukulele locally. But I know my UPS guy. And I never get packages… (others in my family have that pleasure)

Because my husband is always ordering stuff off the intarwebs. :) Our UPS guy is always trying to second guess what's in the packages.

him: "And what are we getting from newegg today?"
me: "A 320G seagate hard drive."
him: "I thought it was about the right size and weight for a hard drive!"

him: "Package from 1800wheelchairs?"
me: "Yeah, it's a butt pad for my husband's desk chair for those 'power sitting' sessions at the computer."
him: <laugh>

him: "This one's pretty heavy, would you like me to set it inside?"
me: "I have no idea what that is, do you have something we could open the box with? Maybe it's something I can carry up the stairs in parts."
him: "Sure!"
<we open the box, revealing two 20-lb. jugs of kitty litter>
him: "Kitty litter??"
me: "Yeah, did a survey on it recently. Guess my cat got chosen to beta test this new flavor."
both of us: <laugh>

When I got my uke, I waited patiently all day, constantly checking on UPS' tracking to make sure it was still "out for delivery."

I ordered myself a Father's Day present a couple years back. As I was paitently (ha) waiting for the big brown truck of happiness to show up...it pulled in front of the house...and delivered something across the street and left (just left it by the door). I sat there for a good half an hour debating with myself if I should go across the street and check the package...should I go knock on the door and tell them what I was doing...why haven't they noticed there is a package by there door, yet?

After I decided to go knock on their door...I opened my front door to discover the package had made it's way to my front door.

Sorry!

Yes IT CAME and YES I HAVE BEEN TOO BUSY playing it. It is AMAZING! Also, had to make a video of me opening it because Mike is such an awesome guy, he wrapped it in cute puppy wearing a birthday hat wrapping paper. I'm about to post a video of me opening it like a giddy little school girl! MAINLAND HAS AWESOME PRODUCTS AND FANTASTIC SERVICE! EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE!

Oh and I didn't have to sign for it but I heard the truck and went to the door to see him placing it on the porch and leaving. So, if I would have missed it, someone could have took it, but I was watching like a hawk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom