Best Recieved Songs?

Citrus

Reaction score
So, what songs do you play that makes the crowd go wild?

I've only got 2 that I think really stand out

- One Semester of Spanish Spanish Love Song

- Candy Shop by 50 cent

I think a lot of it has to do with the type of crowd you get, I usually get good reactions to songs that come from whichever age bracket the crowd is in.

With Preschooler's I can usually get some lovely smiles with "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon". I have also found "The Fox" to be very well received (apparently the tastiness of ducks and geese is extremely funny—that or simply the "Town-O" bit…).

Livin' La Vida Loca, I'm On A Boat, Jizz In My Pants, Keepin Your Poop. An original called Try Something New.

Any comedy song. I do open mics... tons of serious deep love songs and storyteller songs. Comedy songs kinda release all the heaviness that has built up by the time I get up there.

Probably "I Shot the Sheriff," or "Waterfalls."

As TJF stated earlier, I'm Yours is great, especially if the crowd is up for a bit of a singalong.
And thanks to my geographical location, any Beatles song is down to go down well :D

I'm about to commit blasphemy here:

Jumping Flea mentioned "Somewhere Over the Rainbow", and of course it gets covered and requested all the time. A very nice older lady I know asked me just the other day to play it for her. I checked out MusicTeacher2009's great video lesson of it... etc, etc.

It's hard for me to get past the fact that Iz butchered the lyrics so badly that the song doesn't even make sense. Does anybody substitute corrected lyrics when you play it, or do you play it as it IZ, so you don't get struck by lightning?

Does anybody substitute corrected lyrics when you play it, or do you play it as it IZ, so you don't get struck by lightning?

The only time I ever played that song was for the Captain Google tribute. I went with the IZ-ified lyrics because I figured everybody else was going to use 'em too. (I think I did accidentally sing some correct lyrics in the "Wonderful World" section.)

But if it were to do it again, just me, I'd have no qualms about putting the original Yip Harburg lyrics back in.

IZ lightning hurts, but it ain't nothing compared to Judy Garland lightning. :D

JJ

When I perform the medley I use the correct, non-IZified lyrics.

When the Twin Cities Ukulele Orch. has played recently "It's the End of the World as We Know It (and I Feel Fine)" has garnered the best reaction and I've managed to hush the room bellowing out "I Will Survive" solo.

"Nights in White Satin"
"She Thinks I Still Care"
"I'll See You in My Dreams"

My pets (2 cats, a dog and a hedgehog) love these songs.
Especially the George Jones.

Top Bottom