Looking to buy a koa concert uke!

ukunubu

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a nice Concert size ukulele, preferably made from koa wood.
I'm interested in a koa pili koko uke as well but can't seem to find one
I want to buy soon, want to have a new one within the week [haha yeah that's probably not happening]

I want a new uke to feel motivated to learn more new songs lol
so... yeah :D

Ever heard the term "Call MGM"? He's the man!

fyi Koa Pili Koko ukes are not koa. They are acacia. EDIT: it was pointed out "as well" so i guess you knew that.:)

How much you looking to spend? Probably get some suggestions with a little more details than a koa concert.

MGM has these solid koa concerts ukes:

Koaloha

Kanilea

Honu

Plus he probably has some he dosen't have listed, so you could try listening to sukie and call him.:shaka:

Last edited:
You could also check out Mele Ukulele. They are reasonably priced and from my limited experince fine instruments. haolejohn know more about them than me and he is always reccomending them to people asking about what uke to get.

fyi Koa Pili Koko ukes are not koa. They are acacia. EDIT: it was pointed out "as well" so i guess you knew that.:)

How much you looking to spend? Probably get some suggestions with a little more details than a koa concert.

MGM has these solid koa concerts ukes:

Koaloha

Kanilea

Honu

Plus he probably has some he dosen't have listed, so you could try listening to sukie and call him.:shaka:

haha yeah maybe i should have mentioned i'm on a budget
i'm hoping to spend less than $250. know that probably won't get me the best uke but i did see that KPK selling for under $200

MGM is the man! but i can't afford most of the ukuleles he has to offer haha [being broke sucks]

but so far thanks for the suggestions. if anyone has one to sell for my price range let me know! thanks!

You could also check out Mele Ukulele. They are reasonably priced and from my limited experince fine instruments. haolejohn know more about them than me and he is always reccomending them to people asking about what uke to get.

LOL!!! You know me too well.

OP-For a solid koa uke you will have to find used in your price range. Mele might have a koa top mahaghany back and sides concert for that price but not sure. Mainland makes a great ukulele for your pricerange and if not mistaken the Pono Ohai wood uke is in your range as well.

Last edited:
btw how would i contact MGM?

I'd PM him. But I know he has an e-bay store. I just can't help you find it. I'm pretty computer illiterate. But -- I called him on the phone and told him what my criteria was for a uke and he sold me THE perfect ukulele for ME. He will work with you within your price range. His service is top notch -- and he laughs a lot. That's a plus for me.

I know other poeple will tell you about other ukulele sellers and they will be giving you good advice also.

Have fun shopping.

P.S. I know him as musicguymic on ebay. That's a start.

Top Bottom