Where to buy removeable plastic protector

petah

Reaction score
I want to put a clear plastic guard right behind my bridge on my ( and GF's ) Ukuleles. This is to protect them when changing strings. I know they do a similar thing on classical guitars and on the case back's of watches. Have you heard of this before? Also where would I buy it? Stewmac does not carry it.:shaka:

Last edited:
A couple of points to consider:
Watch out for tape on any lacquer finish, no matter how long it's cured. Many tape adhesives can leave a "footprint" that will permanently mar the finish even if the tape is left on for just a few minutes. I simply hold a business card below the bridge when installing strings.
Keep any pick guard material away from the lower bout if possible. It certainly can't help the sound and less is better in this case.

after more thought, i will just use the credit card technique.

Watch out for tape on any lacquer finish, no matter how long it's cured. Many tape adhesives can leave a "footprint" that will permanently mar the finish even if the tape is left on for just a few minutes. I simply hold a business card below the bridge when installing strings.
Keep any pick guard material away from the lower bout if possible. It certainly can't help the sound and less is better in this case.

Good point. If you use tape at all, try low adhesion drafting tape or blue painters tape.

Great tip Chuck. Thanks

Top Bottom