UAS Delusions and Hallucinations

Tsani

Reaction score
I have a recurring delusion or hallucination. I have the idea that if I aquire this or that uke that I am currently having the sweats over - that I will be tranformed into an ukulele virtuoso. Suddenly I will have good rhythm. I will have blazing fingerpicking technique. My vids will go viral. Women will throw underwear and room keys at me - which I will coolly ignore since I am very happily married.

Then I realize that I am an idiot who doesn't get near enough practice time. :rolleyes:

Right now the subject of my delusions is this:

Attachments

• uke.JPG
    uke.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 79
Actually, women do throw their underwear at me when I play. It's not such a good deal. Nothin' ever fits.

I have a similar issue with instruments. I play a baritone uke for a while, see a soprano and figure that would be better and then swich to long neck dulcimer.

Remember that a quality instrument will make your playing sound better compared to something cheap. So buying a better uke is totally justified. Then you have to have a beater uke just in case you want to play at the campfire. And when you see a vintage uke which needs rescuing...you can remind yourself that ukuleles belong together, not hanging out alone in an antique store.

:music:

dave you might has just said the comment that will change the size of all of our wallets here on UU. must.....get....ukess.s....!!

Actually, women do throw their underwear at me when I play. It's not such a good deal. Nothin' ever fits.

I have a similar issue with instruments. I play a baritone uke for a while, see a soprano and figure that would be better and then swich to long neck dulcimer.

Remember that a quality instrument will make your playing sound better compared to something cheap. So buying a better uke is totally justified. Then you have to have a beater uke just in case you want to play at the campfire. And when you see a vintage uke which needs rescuing...you can remind yourself that ukuleles belong together, not hanging out alone in an antique store.

:music:

That is the problem. I have a hard time buying cheap ukes. It has to be good ones. And my playing doesn't really justify what I spend. I just know I'd rather have a good instrument b/c I like quality.

I don't play any better with my good ukes - but what I do play sure sounds better. I love my good ones. I have a beater for camping and it's just nowhere as satisfying. Still...to damage a nice Koa uke camping - that would kill me.

What I should have said...

"...that I will be tranformed into an ukulele virtuoso. Suddenly I will have good rhythm. I will have blazing fingerpicking technique. My vids will go viral. Women will throw underwear and room keys at me...I will become - DeG!!!"

:music::rock:

It's ouuurs, precious...It's our ukeses and we wants it, we needs it, we MUST haveses it! They might buyses it firsts, our ukeses in filthy, dirrty handses!

(Ahem) I'm back...I was gone for a minute but...I'm back! :eek:

"...that I will be tranformed into an ukulele virtuoso. Suddenly I will have good rhythm. I will have blazing fingerpicking technique. My vids will go viral. Women will throw underwear and room keys at me...I will become - DeG!!!"

This is so untrue, I've never had a vid go viral...:D

Jake did say that DeG was awesome.

Jake did say that DeG was awesome.

His exact words were: "That's awesome"

So, he might have been talking about my playing, or he might have been refering to the uke I was playing on. A brand new Mele double puka tenor that belongs to.....who? :)

It's ouuurs, precious...It's our ukeses and we wants it, we needs it, we MUST haveses it! They might buyses it firsts, our ukeses in filthy, dirrty handses!

(Ahem) I'm back...I was gone for a minute but...I'm back! :eek:

One uke to rule them all ! Get it Tsani!

So, he might have been talking about my playing, or he might have been refering to the uke I was playing on. A brand new Mele double puka tenor that belongs to.....who? :)

He liked my flying V more! He said I was nice! ....Okay, I think he told me to quit stalking or else.:eek:

Ohhhhh.....Me!! Me!!! Me!!!!....wait......maybe it was a combination of my new ukes coolness and sweet sound with your skilled playing?

Top Bottom