Herb Ohta Jr. teaches private lessons in Oceanside CA.

ibcruzn

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Yesturday I went to visit my friend who owns a Hawaiian store in Oceanside CA. As I walked in I saw Herb ohta Jr in the back of the store giving private lessons. it was done by appointment. Since I didn't know about it, I didn't get an appointment. But a good friend of mine had two appointments so she offered me her spot yesturday. and she made another appointment for today. It was a bit expensive but it was worth it. It cost $60 for 45 min. I asked him to help me out with my improvising. He helped me out alot.
He'll be there today and I'm pretty sure he's booked up for today. Still you can Go there and meet him. He's at Momilani's in Oceanside.
Mahalo,
Braddah Brandon

www.momilanis.com.

I was able to take one of his private lessons last friday. I was really excited, and was really looking forward to the lesson the whole week. I asked him about ekuu morning dew, and some of the chord progressions and picking. Herb also helped me out on some theory, and what I should learn to get myself to become a better player, and how to improvise. Overall, I am really happy I went to the private class, and will do it again if and when he comes back.

Herb also had a performance at a restaurant later that night with Daniel Ho. Unfortunately I came a little bit too late to get my tickets that were on hold. I was a bit bummed, I was really looking to hear his europa and ekuu morning dew live. Oh well, there's always a next time.

I'll have to jump on this too next time he's in town!

About 4 yrs ago, I asked Roy Sakuma who I could get lessons from next time I'm home, and he said he'd link me up w/ Herb... I was like NO WAY!! But now that he's been doin some mainland stuff, bettah chances!!!

thanks B. Cruz
never met ya, but I hear your a cool bro from Flo and Beezy!

Top Bottom