Psoriasis

UkuLeLesReggAe

Reaction score
hey, pretty random... but i wanted to know how common it is... didn't want to just look at google, i did anyway, and see some percentages and such...

any body suffer, or know somebody who suffers, from psoriasis. it is genetic, not contageous, but genetic... my mum has it, not too badly (touchwood!!) so im at risk of getting it, assuming i relate more to my mum in genetics than to my dad

wikipedia is my solution for everything
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

this isnt breaking any rules is it?? if so, delete the thread, dont lock :)

hey, pretty random... but i wanted to know how common it is... didn't want to just look at google, i did anyway, and see some percentages and such...

any body suffer, or know somebody who suffers, from psoriasis. it is genetic, not contageous, but genetic... my mum has it, not too badly (touchwood!!) so im at risk of getting it, assuming i relate more to my mum in genetics than to my dad

wikipedia is my solution for everything
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psoriasis

this isnt breaking any rules is it?? if so, delete the thread, dont lock :)

My wife and son have a mild case, not sure about my daughter yet. It seems relatively mild in both their cases. Occasionally they just have to get a prescription cream from the doctor. In general, the ailment is not uncommon - maybe a few out of a hundred.

I recall remarking earlier that you describe symptoms similar to cholinergic urticaria. Have you seen your GP yet?

GP? i dunno. well i have cholinergic urticaria, for sure, but in a way.... my mum does aswell, i think.

how do u get to GP?? i think im going to get psoriasis..also, how old are your children?

another way i know i have urticaria is..

"The only danger of "routine" hives is if the tongue or throat swell and cause difficulty breathing"

gee, every day i have trouble breathing, i wasn't sure what it was... but now i know, and i always thought maybe everybody gets it but don't say anything.

GP? i dunno. well i have cholinergic urticaria, for sure, but in a way.... my mum does aswell, i think.

how do u get to GP?? i think im going to get psoriasis..also, how old are your children?

GP=general practioner, your general doctor. My son is 4.5 and my daughter is 1.5.

You should definitely see your doctor so you can have a proper diagnosis.

wow, only 4.5 and mild cases, i guess you can never complain :S

oooh, general doctor. well... i might go tomorrow, get a proper diagnosis on my urticaria and my fustraition with psoriasis.

I have Psoriatic Arthritis, I don't have the psoriasis part of it yet but i am at risk, only a small amount of psoriasis sufferers go on to have psoriatic arthritis. I have had it all my life, it limits me alot.

You don't get arthritis from cracking your knuckles......

I am currently treating something that my doctor thinks might be Psoriasis, but he isn't sure yet. Its a very mild case if it is though...

i get psoriasis on one of my elbos, a spot on my head, and a spot on my knee (and a couple other small patches that come and go). it's not that horrible. its more annoying than anything. i got some lotion from the dr. and between that and normal lotion i can almost get rid of it if i really stay on it. i don't really stay on it that great, though.

Top Bottom