PC or Mac

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm evaluating some new features that I want to roll out for the new ukulele underground website. Theres some pretty cool things we want to try out but somethings can only be viewed on PC computers.

Can you all let me know what type of computer you use and if you have a high speed internet connection.

Thanks!

they both have their own uniqueness. i prefer macs/ my macbook. the best part of the macs, you never get a virus :D

plus there are some awesome features on the mac that beat PCs hands down. for example: the magnetic power plug, best thing i love about my mac book jaja.

well, i use a pc and a laptop. my pc runs xp and uses firefox while my really old laptop uses a linux os and uses mozilla seamonkey (never heard of it before either lol). thats the bad thing about websites, gotta conform to EVERYONE's needs. oh and i use road runner.

I use a PC running Ubuntu Linux. I use Firefox (of course) for web browsing and I have an ADSL connection.

Jereme

Macbook, Firefox, and high speed internet.

PC (custom built), Firefox, 16mbit internet.
Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 @ 3ghz
4GB OCZ Reaper
Jetway X1950 Pro
Arctic Accelero S1
Dual fanned Scythe Infinity
Antec NSK6500 with Antec TriCool exhaust and 2xNoctua 92mm intake.
1x320GB Maxtor SATAII
1x500GB Samsung Spinpoint SATAII
Love her to bits :D

Running a Mac and using Safari.

I develop web applications professionally… so I am curious what you want to do… Chrome and Safari can do some very, very cool stuff in a cross platform way… much of it also works on Opera and Firefox.

P.S. – Take a look at the apache logs for ukuleleunderground.com You should be able to get an exact breakdown of the % of Mac OS and Linux users vs. Windows.

Take a look at the apache logs for ukuleleunderground.com You should be able to get an exact breakdown of the % of Mac OS and Linux users vs. Windows.

An excellent suggestion.

Me? I do most of my UU browsing on a Mac, using Safari and a broadband connection.

(Although I'm posting this a work on a PeeCee, and sometimes hit UU at home under Windows via BootCamp, or on my netbook that's running Xandros... :p)

Personally, I wouldn't put anything on a website with a broad audience that wasn't cross-platform. There's little reason for any website or web app to be Windows-specific these days, IMHO.

JJ

Personally, I wouldn't put anything on a website with a broad audience that wasn't cross-platform. There's little reason for any website or web app to be Windows-specific these days, IMHO.

As a developer myself, I have to agree. As much as possible try and cover everyone. The one concession that you can make these days is to stop supporting IE6. ComedyCentral, ESPN have done it. GMail is going to… Even the new MS Office Online is going to drop IE6.

If you have some specific product in mind that is offering you some Windows only features, can you point me at there site (you can PM me if you like). There may be some alternatives out there. These days there usually are. And often they are Free.

Pentium 75mhz with Math Co-processor
128mg ram, running windows 95
28.8k us robotics modem :biglaugh:
I actually still have one that runs...

Im a PC running both Windows 7 and Vista.. Cable Modem

I love my Macbook Pro using Safari or Firefox. :shaka:

is road runner good? i never had the time to download it and try it out.
I thought he was referring to Roadrunner cable (part of Time Warner). :confused:

PC here, WinXP, IE6 (yeah, yeah, I know, but maybe they need someone to test with it) and FF3, 10/1Mb cable.

I used to be big into Macs (started out on them over 20 years ago) but when I "outgrew" my last one (I mean, there's only so far you can go on 225mhz and dial-up) it didn't really make sense to spend the money on a new Mac when my husband had gotten into building PCs and had lots of spare parts laying around. I think all I had to buy was the case and a router/wireless card to share his cable.

It's handy having your own live-in tech support. Fried a video card once and my total down time was like 15 minutes while he swapped it out for a spare. ;)

He's planning to do a major upgrade when Win7 is finalized and then I'll get all his cast-off goodies. :)

But I'd love to get into Macs again. If I won the lottery tomorrow, I think a top-of-the-line MacBook Pro would be one of the first things I'd buy. :cool:

Top Bottom