location of serial number on Pono??

PDXuker

Reaction score
I just got a new PONO and was just curious where the serial number is?? It's not on the inside label, I was wondering if it was tucked somewhere inside?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Pono's don't have serial numbers.

If there is a serial number it's hidden pretty well...have you tried looking around inside the soundbox with a dental mirror and flashlight?

Thanks, I was going to try just what you suggested w/ a mirror and flashlight. I was only wondering because if it gets lost or damaged the warranty is void without the serial number according to PONO, which would imply there is a serial number.

I just got a new PONO and was just curious where the serial number is?? It's not on the inside label, I was wondering if it was tucked somewhere inside?
Just curious, was there some type of warranty card or something that included the SN? As someone previously stated, I don't think Pono's have SN's, however I may be wrong. Best bet would be to contact the seller or Ko'olau if indeed one exists.

Thanks, I was going to try just what you suggested w/ a mirror and flashlight. I was only wondering because if it gets lost or damaged the warranty is void without the serial number according to PONO, which would imply there is a serial number.

After reading this, I went to go look for my warranty cards...dunno where I put em. My guess is that the warranty card is generic for Ko'olau AND Pono, and the serial number only applies to Ko'olau ukes. I checked the Pono FAQs (http://koolauukulele.com/ponofaq.html) on Ko'olau's website, and according to that they only need a proof of purchase, to show that you're the original owner.

If you're really concerned, I'd suggest shooting an email to Ko'olau or calling them up to ask about it. It'd be good to know.

Warranty Cards For Pono

as just posted John at Koolau only needs proof of purchase for Pono warrany's the card is the same for Koolau and Pono. You do not need the warranty card but you should receive one with the instrument if getting it from a authorized dealer

Top Bottom