The Beatles

ukulelearp

Reaction score
Is it just me, or do a lot of their songs work out really well on a ukulele? Maybe it's just because I play their songs a lot, but it seems like a lot of their songs translate very well. I was just wondering if there's any actual reason for this, or it's just the fan side of my brain taking over :D

...do a lot of their songs work out really well on a ukulele?
It's because the Beatles were Gods. So of course their music would work well on the Divine Instrument.​

There IS a reason. Their songwriting is among the best ever in the history of music. When you are that talented and creative, it comes through regardless of the instrument.

Does anyone know what George's uke collection consisted of? I've Googled that question but didn't get anywhere.

It's because the Beatles were Gods. So of course their music would work well on the Divine Instrument.​
I couldn't have said it any better!

The Beatles relationship with the Ukulele

George Harrison carried a Ukulele everywhere he toured and used it to compose. So perhaps he influenced John Lennon and Paul McCartney in the same way and they experimented with the same chords. That would explain why some of their songs are 'Ukulele friendly'. This theory has no basis in fact and is simply an idea for further discussion.

George Harrison carried a Ukulele everywhere he toured and used it to compose. So perhaps he influenced John Lennon and Paul McCartney in the same way and they experimented with the same chords. That would explain why some of their songs are 'Ukulele friendly'. This theory has no basis in fact and is simply an idea for further discussion.

That was my first thought, but then I realized that a lot of songs that weren't written by George work out too. But that's why I think a lot of George Harrison's songs work so nicely.

Maybe that's why a lot of their guitar chords are seemingly ridiculous with all the sharps and stuff. Heck, a Cmin11 (yeah, I was confused too) on a ukulele is only one finger on the C!

Why is much of their stuff blocked on Chordie, and who is claiming that copyright has been infringed? What I have seen on other sites is a touch complicated with some "challenging" chord changes etc. (Well, challenging for me anyway)..........:confused:

Why is much of their stuff blocked on Chordie, and who is claiming that copyright has been infringed?

Michael Jackson is not dead. He lives in seclusion in Micronesia, and is heading an international team of lawyers with the aim of restoring his fortune.

Yeah I figure that it has something to do with Georges love for the uke... He probably as mentioned before composed on the uke then moved it to guitar...

Another good reason for George Harrison being my favorite Beatle :D

And George, Paul, and John all three played ukulele.

A great melody is all it takes.

I play "Here comes the sun" all the time on my uke. It is like it was made for the song....
Cheers,
Skottoman

When I was a little boy, back in the sixties a kid in our street had a 'Beatles guitar' made of plastic with pictures of the group. Guess what! It only had 4 strings. We could ask Paul Mc Cartney for his input.

Another good reason for George Harrison being my favorite Beatle :D

I second that! "Something" is a great song to play on uke. There are several versions floating around out there but the one from Jim Beloff's 1960's songbook "60's Uke-In" sounds great and was even transcribed by George for the book.

Top Bottom